My Pinay's Uncle Is A Pastor - And He Offered To Arrange All The Paperwork

jpbago
Posted
Posted

EU, after reading these posts, I doubt if you would find more honest people at the Sunday mass.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

for the OP, 2 things you may Find useful to stay on the right side of the law  :thumbsup:

http://www.filipiknow.net/how-to-get-married-in-the-philippines/

http://www.philstar.com/headlines/780831/nso-warns-fake-marriage-officials

Best of luck My friend, Stay one step ahead.

JP 

robert k
Posted
Posted

I agree that it smells. It's going to be an outright cash grab by the pastor or the girl is not free to marry. Take her to Hong Kong to get married if you need to. You can always have a church solemnization when you get back from the honeymoon. Then if necessary you can claim to be the injured party because you were not complicit in evading the laws of the Philippines, should anything go wrong.

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Some sound advice being offered here EU.

A Pastor can marry two persons without the legal documentation, in the eye's of God.

However that is, if those two persons are free to marry.

What is acceptable in the eyes of God, might not be acceptable to Goverment requirements.

As suggested it would seem the sensible thing, to make sure you meet the legal requirements of Philippines.

Also that the marriage is recognised in your own country too. Bann's to be displayed for 30-40 days, etc.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Then if necessary you can claim to be the injured party because you were not complicit in evading the laws of the Philippines, should anything go wrong.

:hystery:  Just Hope the Registrar of where ever is not a member here Robert or the OP can't even do that and we know that these Forums ARE read by the Authorities :thumbsup:

JP :tiphat:  :t07045:

robert k
Posted
Posted

Jack, I was suggesting that the OP legally contract marriage in a foreign country, himself. If his partner can't legally do so, I would think that the OP would be the injured party and entitled to an annulment. Nothing illegal I know of getting married in HK if you have the legal capacity to do so. If she also has legal capacity, great, if she does not, maybe less bad? Not being complicit in evading, the requirements to be married in the Philippines? For all I know, this could be part of the "Badger game". I hope not, I always like to hope  not, but reality always makes me at least consider the possibility. How many counts of forgery are we talking about here? :unsure:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Nothing illegal I know of getting married in HK

Maybe that is why some filipinas have trouble at the airport when trying to leave the country for a holiday.  The government is afraid they will get married!!!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Jack, I was suggesting that the OP legally contract marriage in a foreign country,

Hmmmm Point taken Robert but before it starts going Round and round in Circles, the OP will not be getting married anywhere if he can't Produce a Birth Certificate and from the Posts so far from him, it seems that this was the reason he started the topic.

JP

• Like 1