Only In The Philippines-Traffic Police In The Philippines Ordered To Wear Nappies For Pope Visit

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
My my, surely traffic cops are not expected to work a 24 hour shift? 

Traffic police in the Philippines ordered to wear nappies for Pope visit 
Officers have been told because traffic will be so bad, they will have to answer the call of nature in situ

Traffic police in the Philippines have been ordered to wear nappies when Pope Francis visits the south-east Asian country next week.
Gridlock is expected to be so bad in Manila that the police have been told that if the call of nature beckons, they will have to answer it in situ.
The requirement will affect around 2,000 traffic enforcers, said Francis Tolentino, the chairman of the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority.
He encouraged the millions of ordinary Catholics expected to turn up to see the leader of the Roman Catholic Church to also consider wearing adult nappies.
He said there would not be enough portable lavatories for the huge crowds expected at an open-air Mass on January 18.

“If you attend an event that will last for 24 hours, you cannot go around looking for a (portable lavatory),” Mr Tolentino said.
Priests, nuns and the elderly also should consider wearing nappies, he said.
The Pope will be in Sri Lanka from January 13 to 15 and will then fly to the Philippines for a four-day visit.
It will be his second visit to Asia, following a trip to South Korea last year.
While the Pope normally delivers homilies and addresses in Italian or his native Spanish, in Sri Lanka and the Philippines he will speak only in English, the Vatican said.
The Argentinean pontiff will deliver all eleven of his speeches and homilies in English, officials announced on Wednesday.
He will use five different pope-mobiles during the trip, none of which will be covered with a bullet-proof bubble.
The Pope has repeatedly rejected bullet-proof vehicles, both in Rome and on his foreign trips, including potentially risky visits to Brazil, Turkey, Albania and the Holy Land.
Open-topped pope-mobiles enable him to interact more freely with the crowds.

“I cannot greet the people and tell them I love them from inside a sardine can, even if it is made of glass. For me it is a wall,” he said last summer.
“It’s true that anything could happen, but let’s face it, at my age I don’t have much to lose.
“I know what could happen, but it is in God’s hands,” he said in an interview with La Vanguardia, a Barcelona newspaper.

paulus
Posted
Posted

What?  No masonry walls nearby?

Is it too late to build 'portable' walls to place nearby?

Are the stores really 'out of stock,po'?

Huge oversight by event planners.      :unsure:

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

Try fasting before and eat and drink very little day of? If millions attend, I think you would see more watching it on tv at home.

• Like 1

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

Fleet kits are going to become a hot commodity prior to his visit

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I fell sorry for anybody who has to visit Manila around the time of the visit

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

Adult incontinence pads are uncomfortable. The superior product is a plastic bag strapped to your leg. You wear a device similar to a condom and a tube drain is attached to the bag.

If anyone of you gets a chance to meet and talk with the Pope, please explain to him that the way to deal with wayward priests who molest children is chemical castration.

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

If the cops believed they were human they would stand up and refuse.  But they will probably see this as religious penance...

Love this line:

“If you attend an event that will last for 24 hours, you cannot go around looking for a (portable lavatory),” Mr Tolentino said.

How about you don't plan an event without supplying basic human needs?

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

They have photographs on Huffington Post showing male and female officers holding samples of the diapers. They are adult super size meant for someone weighing 300 pounds! The large toddler version would be better and cheaper for Filipinos.

By the way, how do you walk about or chase after criminals once the diapers are fully saturated?

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 1

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Catheter and a bag. No need to even think about having to go.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Catheter and a bag. No need to even think about having to go.

Where's Jake when female officers need his help with your suggestion?

• Like 2