Any Expat Groups In Cebu City?

aberdeen
Posted
Posted

I am an American on his first visit to the Philippines. I have been in Cebu City for the past eight days and likely will be here until the end of next month. I am trying to find out if there any expat groups in Cebu City. 

• Like 1

Stroker Hawaii
Posted
Posted

Hello, well there are lots of Expats that live here, but it seems they don't get together too often and do things.  If you want to meet some guys that live here then maybe post a proposed meet.  Maybe post that you'd like to meet some guys for lunch at Ayala at a specific day and time at a specific restaurant and some guys might agree to show up. 

Or if there's something you wanted to do, maybe you could post and see who wants to do that too.  I live here and I go to Ayala a lot, if you wanted to meet up there I could meet you.  Just message me and we'll figure something out.  Maybe some other guys from the list would be interested too. 

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

If you check out Hash harries they have a regular drinking romp around each Saturday, or at least used to.

Also many expats meet Gilligans Alaya terraces most afternoons stretching into late evening.

There is a bowling get together in Country mall once a week where expats are always welcome, perhaps somebody can enlighten us what day. Or just pop out and enquirer.

I used to live in Guadalupe and there were always many sitting at R&R on V Rama which is about 2 km up from Joibee next to crown regency. Especially after 4 pm.

Hope this helps

brock
Posted
Posted

El Geko`s   Jacosalem street opposite garage on Mango Avenue,,,,,,Our Place,,,  at the corner of Palaez andSanciangko street,,,,,Ayala Terraces,,,,,,Bowling at Banilad on a Wednesday if I remember right

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I am trying to find out if there any expat groups in Cebu City. 

There will be when I get to move in about the year 3005   :no:

Hello, well there are lots of Expats that live here, but it seems they don't get together too often and do things.  If you want to meet some guys that live here then maybe post a proposed meet.  Maybe post that you'd like to meet some guys for lunch at Ayala at a specific day and time at a specific restaurant and some guys might agree to show up. 

Or if there's something you wanted to do, maybe you could post and see who wants to do that too.  I live here and I go to Ayala a lot, if you wanted to meet up there I could meet you.  Just message me and we'll figure something out.  Maybe some other guys from the list would be interested too. 

Strokers suggestion is a good one, propose a meet and you might get a few guys out for dinner or something. If not, Stroker is a good guy so take him up on his offer.   :thumbsup:

aberdeen
Posted
Posted

I appreciate all of your responses and will follow up on them.

• 3 weeks later...
Douglas in Leyte
Posted
Posted

Everyday there are many Expats sitting on the terrace in front of Bo's Coffee (free wifi) at the Ayala Mall.

• 1 month later...
Cebudick
Posted
Posted

Cebu has a VFW Post that meets once a month (2nd Sat of the month) at the TimeOut Bar (American owned and operated) in Cebu City. Our post is just over a year old now and we have about 100 members, about 30 show up at our meetings. We celebrate American holidays with dinners and social functions. We welcome new members so if you are a vet with some foreign service and want to join our group just let me know.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
roundhead1952
Posted
Posted

Cebu has a VFW Post that meets once a month (2nd Sat of the month) at the TimeOut Bar (American owned and operated) in Cebu City. Our post is just over a year old now and we have about 100 members, about 30 show up at our meetings. We celebrate American holidays with dinners and social functions. We welcome new members so if you are a vet with some foreign service and want to join our group just let me know.

Greetings Cebudiick,

I was reading through this thread and was considering catching up with you guys on one of those Saturdays.  I reside in Tagbilaran City, Bohol.   I was previously in the VFW, but allowed my membership to lapse.  I am currently a member-at=large in AMVETS.  Anyhow, hope we can meet sometime! 

• 5 weeks later...
Ynot
Posted
Posted

I'm not a vet, I did serve in the air force for 6 years but unfortunately never got to leave Australia, but would be interested in catching up with anyone in September Alaya Mall in the late morning!! 

• Like 1