Sim Cards At Naia Terminal 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I recall someone mentioning that you can buy SIM cards right inside terminal 1 after arrival.  My nephew is flying in and will need one.  Can someone give some simple directions on where he should look?

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)
Can someone give some simple directions on where he should look?

Exit customs, walk past the currency exchange and into the main hall, turn left, and there they are; a couple of stands set up by the telcos. 

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Thanks Brett!

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)

I recall someone mentioning that you can buy SIM cards right inside terminal 1 after arrival.  My nephew is flying in and will need one.  Can someone give some simple directions on where he should look?

Exit customs, walk past the currency exchange and into the main hall, turn left, and there they are; a couple of stands set up by the telcos. 

Depending the time of arrival those stands may not be open, but there's always a small kiosk open near the center exit. I think they only sell Globe SIM's at that one though and they may not have the tool to cut the SIM card down to the micro size (needed for an iPhone for example).

OMW, if time allows, maybe your nephew can also try to get one in advance via eBay (sent from a US based seller). It would be one less thing to worry about and there's often a long line at the Globe kiosk I mentioned, so he can avoid that too.

Btw, if he does buy one thru eBay, make sure to ask the seller what the SIM cards expiration date is to ensure it doesn't expire before his arrival.

Edited by Gator
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Depending the time of arrival those stands may not be open, but there's always a small kiosk open near the center exit. I think they only sell Globe SIM's at that one though and they may not have the tool to cut the SIM card down to the micro size (needed for an iPhone for example).

OMW, if time allows, maybe your nephew can also try to get one in advance via eBay (sent from a US based seller). It would be one less thing to worry about and there's often a long line at the Globe kiosk I mentioned, so he can avoid that too.

Btw, if he does buy one thru eBay, make sure to ask the seller what the SIM cards expiration date is to ensure it doesn't expire before his arrival.

Thanks for this because he is arriving at 11 pm, so there is probably a good chance the others will not be open.  Actually Globe is what I wanted him to get because I have a Globe landline.

Is there any Wifi available in terminal 1?

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

when is he due here? perhaps you can mail him the GLOBE SIM.?

40p for sim..correct? then 60p for airmail postage.

so when he arrives he can go ahead and insert it in.

and since you know what time his due, just get load about the same time.

of what i recall the ONLINE-EBAY costs are over $ 5 usd,