Sending Money Here(To Ones Self)

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

what are the ways that 1 can send to ones self?

what are the current firms that send here in the Philippines?

I ask, as My ATM/DEBT card(s) has expired and the new card "is on its way"

luckily I have funds for current time. yet with 2 children and "unexpected"expenses that may arise,

I need a PLAN B.. i did have a PLAN B but the extra ATM/DEBT card has expired too..

what does the members here suggest? 

here is a previous topic yet its  not updated for a long time...

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/7862-cheap-and-easy-way-to-get-funds-here/

Edited by Je suis Pittman Apt Sgn
  • Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have used both Western Union and XOOM.   WU generally gives a better exchange rate but XOOM is faster delivery.  I always just send it to my bank account but you can send it for personal pickup as well.

• Like 1

HikiSpray
Posted
Posted

what are the ways that 1 can send to ones self?

what are the current firms that send here in the Philippines?

I ask, as My ATM/DEBT card(s) has expired and the new card "is on its way"

luckily I have funds for current time. yet with 2 children and "unexpected"expenses that may arise,

I need a PLAN B.. i did have a PLAN B but the extra ATM/DEBT card has expired too..

what does the members here suggest? 

here is a previous topic yet its out not updated for a long time...

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/7862-cheap-and-easy-way-to-get-funds-here/

Hi, when we send money to Phil. we use www.worldremit.com , we use the home delivery option. No problems yet. Hope this helps. :)

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

My IP address . when I enroll would show that I am not at a US local, would that be any issue?

or just use a IP site change.? 

• Like 1

HikiSpray
Posted
Posted (edited)

My IP address . when I enroll would show that I am not at a US local, would that be any issue?

or just use a IP site change.? 

I don't know if it would be an issue, But I don't believe so. We send from Finland, but just try. First time I just had to give them a picture of my driving licence, as a proof of identity. Didn't have any issues with worldremit.com yet.

Edited by HikiSpray
  • Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I use WorldRemit as well but from Canada. I emailed them long before coming to the Philippines if I could send money to myself... No problem they said. So I do. Rates vary I believe by the method of pickup or delivery (4 or 5 different businesses now for self pickup, home delivery or to a bank account)... And the exchange rate is usually the best of the different companies.

• Like 2

paulus
Posted
Posted

Currently I use WU to send funds to myself from Australia to Phils. BUT WU needs my Credit Card / or Debit Card authorisation to send the funds. When my Credit Card (Visa) expires in May this year, I will need to use Debit Card, which expires in November this year. 

It's my understanding that Credit Cards are not actually re-newed but replaced, i.e. a new number issued which then needs to be activated once card is received. Therefore I cannot use the old card for WU transactions. I assume World remit, Orbit, and others would have same requirements to authorise transfers.

I know that my Bank will transfer funds, but the minimum charge is so exorbitant, it is not worth considering.

Or is my information out of date now?

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I transfer money to myself from the UK using AZIMO. The exchange rates are good and the cost is about half of world remit. I do need a debit or credit card, but there is also an option to set up a monthly transfer form my bank to them and then on to me. I have not used that option yet so do not know how well it works. I would recommend the option using cards which is transferred within 24 hours and I have many different options for the pick up I can even get home delivery. So far I am very pleased with them and have been using them for over 2 years.

• Like 2

brock
Posted
Posted

And I got a tenner for recommending u too Kev,,,,I used them other day and only charged me a Quid.

• Like 2

Paul_QLD
Posted
Posted

Paulus, I have had the same CBA mastercard number since I first had it issued ..... what maybe 20-25 years ago? Just the expiry date and 3 numbers on the back change each time.