Can Someone Help Me With This Translation?

RonHenk
Posted
Posted

I apologize since it's a little long. I did some leg work through a couple of online translators and I think I have the jist of it but there are some phrases I'm not sure about. I'm not sure I got the nuances correct. I've included my translation below the Tagolog. Please help me correct any of my misinterpretations. Thanks for your help. I truly appreciate it.

Here goes:

Kaya WAG NYO HUSGAHAN MAGULANG KO SA PAG PAPALAKI NILA SAMIN,unang una, HINDI NILA KAYO ANAK. wala kayo idea kung paano nila kami pinalaki. pangalawa, WALA KAYO KARAPATAN! Wag nyo pagsalitaan ng masasakit na salita magulang ko, matuto kayo mag consider ng damdamin ng iba, hindi sa lahat ng oras tama kayo, ipapaalam ko lang sainyo, HINDI KAYO PERPEKTO, ilang beses kayo nakakagawa ng pagkakamali, kahit kailan HINDI KAYO PINAGSALITAAN NG MASAMA, HINUSGAHAN AT CHINISMIS NG MAGULANG KO O NG MGA KAPATID KO. Marunong sila mag consider sa mararamdaman nyo, e kayo? Hay

My interpretation:

Who are you to judge how my parents raised them? First of all, they are not your children. You have no idea how they raised us. Second, you have no right! Who are you to verbally abuse my family? You should learn to consider the feelings of others. You are not always right. I will bet you are not perfect. How many times have you made a mistake? Is there a time when you have been bad? How can you judge my parents or my brother? Did you consider how they would feel? Huh?

I know it's not the nicest subject. But it's important to me that I understand completely. Aynway, am I close? I don't always get a thorough explanation from Asawa Ko when it comes to family politics. Thanks again for your time and consideration.

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

Checked with the wife.  It is Tagalog, but a study in mixing and winding styles.

Here goes (in the same winding style):

Therefore, do not judge the manner in which my parent raised us.  First of all, you are not their children.  You have no idea as to how we were raised.  Secondly, you have no right (to judge)!  Do not make hurtful utterances about my parents, learn to consider the feelings of others, for you are not always right, I will have you know that you are not perfect, for the number of times you have erred in your ways, not once have my parent or siblings judged you, maligned you nor gossiped about you.  They know how to consider your feelings, and what about you? Oh

Edited by MacBubba
  • Like 3

RonHenk
Posted
Posted

Checked with the wife.  It is Tagalog, but a study in mixing and winding styles.

Here goes (in the same winding style):

Therefore, do not judge the manner in which my parent raised us.  First of all, you are not their children.  You have no idea as to how we were raised.  Secondly, you have no right (to judge)!  Do not make hurtful utterances about my parents, learn to consider the feelings of others, for you are not always right, I will have you know that you are not perfect, for the number of times you have erred in your ways, not once have my parent or siblings judged you, maligned you nor gossiped about you.  They know how to consider your feelings, and what about you? Oh

Thank you so much. WOW! I got the second half all wrong didn't I? Sheds a different light on things. I truly appreciate your time and tell you wife Thank You! Very much.

Ron

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

"WOW" man have you been a Tad naughty and/or said a couple of things after a couple of SMB's ? Cos I got some of that stuff a few ago and we all know we speak some truth after a Bevvy!

I don't Bother with the family anymore.  :hystery:  Their Loss!

Just asking.

JP :tiphat: Hm just put a couple of misspells right  :unsure:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Really what she said was: Adios amigo!

• Like 1

RonHenk
Posted
Posted

Alright guys, thanks for the friendly jabs. This has nothing personal to do with me or the wife. It is a ongoing dispute within the family that I'm just trying to get a grip on. I'm not going to bear my soul on this forum. Thanks for your input.

Ron

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
I'm not going to bear my soul on this forum.

:unsure: it's OK Ron, we will  Understand we have all been there  :rolleyes: and some like me are still there. :)

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

When a subject concern parenting and a Filipino son, then I asume it's about a spoiled irresponcible son,

which many of us foreigners have hard to avoid comenting...  :)

• Like 2

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

good luck  hope all works out

• 1 month later...
RonHenk
Posted
Posted

good luck  hope all works out

Thanks Lonewolf, Everything has pretty much worked itself out. Except for the young man's indiscretion which probably is not easily forgivable. 

Ron

• Like 1