Can Someone Help Me With This Translation?

Julia
Posted
Posted

Checked with the wife.  It is Tagalog, but a study in mixing and winding styles.

Here goes (in the same winding style):

Therefore, do not judge the manner in which my parent raised us.  First of all, you are not their children.  You have no idea as to how we were raised.  Secondly, you have no right (to judge)!  Do not make hurtful utterances about my parents, learn to consider the feelings of others, for you are not always right, I will have you know that you are not perfect, for the number of times you have erred in your ways, not once have my parent or siblings judged you, maligned you nor gossiped about you.  They know how to consider your feelings, and what about you? Oh

Wow! well done! Your wife did a great job translating it, MacBubba!

Checked with the wife.  It is Tagalog, but a study in mixing and winding styles.

Here goes (in the same winding style):

Therefore, do not judge the manner in which my parent raised us.  First of all, you are not their children.  You have no idea as to how we were raised.  Secondly, you have no right (to judge)!  Do not make hurtful utterances about my parents, learn to consider the feelings of others, for you are not always right, I will have you know that you are not perfect, for the number of times you have erred in your ways, not once have my parent or siblings judged you, maligned you nor gossiped about you.  They know how to consider your feelings, and what about you? Oh

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

She says thank you!  Filipinos who do not know her well often think that she does not know Tagalog as well as they do.  She has no discernible accent when speaking English, so they just assume that she barely speaks Tagalog.  The truth is, she is very fluent.  Almost a purist in that she will not speak Taglish.

Same thing with Spanish.  Although she is not as fluent as she would like to be, whenever we are in a Spanish speaking country, the locals are impressed by how well she speaks.  Again, no accent, with proper grammar (which is tricky in Spanish).

• Like 3