Extremely Honest Filipinos

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)

We have several topics about dishonest Filipinos,

and at least one topic about honest Filipinos, but I didn't find this later one now.  The possitive topic was about much smaller amounts anyway  (as e g taxi driver giving back a droped wallet including all money).  This case is about MUCH more money. Probably 2.5 - 3 millions p.

Of several reasons, I know this Filipina is very honest, e g because SHE asked me    :)  how to make so the foreigner get all the money for "his" house, when it's sold  (Of health reason the foreigner will probably NOT be in Phils any time after the selling of the house.)

They planed to marry, but she has cancelled it, because the foreigner is alcoholic and has hit her several times, but she is so very honest so she want to give him ALL the property sell money anyway!

Earlier the Filipina THOUGHT only the small lot land was in her name, but when she checked the documents now, which a lawyer made back when the property was bought, she noticed the WHOLE property is in HER name, so she can keep the selling money herself, but she DON'T want to keep any.

Edit:  She don't want to keep any money, although the family is poor, they DON'T afford to pay the around only 100 000 p missing to get their orchard land back...

So perhaps I better marry her myself   :)

Edited by Thomas
  • Like 5

earthdome
Posted
Posted

We have several topics about dishonest Filipinos,

and at least one topic about honest Filipinos, but I didn't find this later one now.  The possitive topic was about much smaller amounts anyway  (as e g taxi driver giving back a droped wallet including all money).  This case is about MUCH more money. Probably 2.5 - 3 millions p.

Of several reasons, I know this Filipina is very honest, e g because SHE asked me    :)  how to make so the foreigner get all the money for "his" house, when it's sold  (Of health reason the foreigner will probably NOT be in Phils any time after the selling of the house.)

They planed to marry, but she has cancelled it, because the foreigner is alcoholic and has hit her several times, but she is so very honest so she want to give him ALL the property sell money anyway!

Earlier the Filipina THOUGHT only the small lot land was in her name, but when she checked the documents now, which a lawyer made back when the property was bought, she noticed the WHOLE property is in HER name, so she can keep the selling money herself, but she DON'T want to keep any.

Edit:  She don't want to keep any money, although the family is poor, they DON'T afford to pay the around only 100 000 p missing to get their orchard land back...

So perhaps I better marry her myself   :)

Have you verified any of these claims? Seen any documents? If not, I have a cousin in Nigeria who needs assistance... 

• Like 5

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I think the last comment is rather cynical and does not advance the matter further.  I know many  honest Filipinos and Thais for that matter. Whilst they may be in the minority, I wonder if it is any different from the West?

Lets at least cut a little slack and give her the benefit of the doubt!

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I will take this opportunity to relate some scenes from my PI trip last January. They aren't illustrative of honesty, exactly, but they feature people who have a work ethic.

While riding a Jeepney under an overpass I saw a homeless woman maybe 30 years old, with a ragged 5 year old boy next to her. He was sleeping on an old piece of cardboard. There was a puppy tied to a leash which was anchored far enough away from the boy so the puppy couldn't bother him. The woman wasn't begging. She had a stack of long leaves and she was weaving something or other, probably those leaf wrappers in which single servings of rice are sold. She was doing what she could to earn a few pesos.

While walking down the street in one of the less affluent districts, I saw a family recycling operation in progress. A seven or eight year old boy and his father had an extremely large sack of empty water bottles which they had scavenged and they were sorting them. The mom was helping. There were 2 little girls maybe five and four years old. One of the little girls gave me a friendly “Hello” (in English!) and a wave as I passed.

When you see these things it makes you realise how fortunate we are - alas, we as an individual cannot change reality, sadly.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

alas, we as an individual cannot change reality, sadly.

Very true in a way but we can help by advertising the Honesty of most and not just quoting the Higher level of Corruption, The Indigenous Filipino is basically Honest, the Poorer the more honest they tend to be. They like us are just as fed up with the way the Rich get Richer and the Poor get poorer. By instilling in the Young and/or less impressionable that Honesty is the best Policy ( Although the bad Rich will not agree)

My Grandmother had oh! so many cliches for things, but one I think the Locals should learn is:

"If you look after the Pennies, the Pounds will look after themselves"

Poverty like familiarity (and these two words can go hand in hand) breeds contempt. Contempt leads to Conceit, Conceit will lead to

Dishonesty  and that is where we can find an answer. If we all take the time to look and understand the plight of many, complimenting an Honest Filipino on their Honesty with maybe a small reward to me is supporting a theory that not  all Filipinos are on the make. Like Smiling, Honesty can become Infectious

maybe the Honest ones can start an epidemic.  :thumbsup:

JMHO! 

JP :tiphat:  :morning1:

Morning All. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Well said Jack.

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Have you verified any of these claims? Seen any documents? If not, I have a cousin in Nigeria who needs assistance...
Well. I have known her rather long time, and they have NEVER asked for money, which is a good sign. They only like to get ADVICE sometimes. 

They are poor but all the grown ups, except child caretakers, has full time work, except one of the young brothers, who has a small own farm, but don't have money enough to exband so it become full time work.

I haven't seen the documents, but I have seen the property and people involved, and everything suit to what she has told.  Very few scamers are that good. Liers normaly mess up when I have talked to them a while.  It's much harder to make lies than truths suit :mocking: 

(I'm normaly good at find truths by "reading between the lines". Once I shocked a Swedish CEO by finding a business secret of theirs, which only 8 in their company knew, by just reading a 5 line public message and thought "if they do that, then it's logic they will do the secret too" and they were preparing it :dance:

This Filipina told me a "white lie" type ONCE, but that was NOT concerning money, it was just because the truth was embarrassing. But she found it more embarrasing to tell me the "white lie" so it took just a few minutes before she told me the truth...   :thumbsup:  :)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Well said Jack.

Cant find a Thank you emotion so I will give you a  post-2148-0-40380600-1425383736.jpg

JP :tiphat: