Lollipop

MikeB
Posted
Posted

A couple nights ago I updated my phone to Android 5.0 aka Lollipop. It's not being pushed out yet to the Philippines so I did it manually. I had a backup of my previous KitKat system so I was unafraid but I should have been. The installation bombed and I was unable to get either of my backups working so had no choice but reinstall and make it work. I didn't read the reviews of all the problems people have had with this upgrade before I plunged in, that's a mistake I won't make again. It seems to finally be stable now and has some nice features. Has anyone else updated or considering? 

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Good to know.  I was just considering doing it.  I'll give it a shot now and let you know how it goes.  

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Just a heads-up. I was more or less ok until I applied root to the new system, then everything went to hell and all the services failed at startup. Read the instructions for rooting carefully, you have to use the latest root software and SU. Good luck!

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Thanks mate, the phone isn't rooted, I was going to do it finally after this update.  

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I've had Lollypop on my Moto G 1st Gen phone for a few days. Not rooted. Had no issues at all!

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

I've had Lollypop on my Moto G 1st Gen phone for a few days. Not rooted. Had no issues at all!

Guess that takes some licking brother!

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I just picked up a Samsun Galaxy S5 mini. I am back in the US now and was able to get an unlocked international version for only $356 USD. It came with android 4.4.2 KitKat. Nice phone. A bit longer than the S3 mini I had previously. I lost my last S3 mini to a pick pocket and waited until I got back to the US to get another smart phone since the lowest price for electronics is in the US now. The full size S5 still costs around $550 to $650 USD.

Nice change after being in the Philippines for over 2 years is that cell phone providers now give you a discount if you bring your own phone and have no contract. I am liking the 4G LTE. Getting 4.5mbs download on the phone.

• Like 1