Americans Try Filipino Street Food

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

During tagay you got to have isaw!  Usually isaw and pizza.  Kwek Kwek is good too.   But how do they try "street food" and not balut?     :tiphat:

• Like 3

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
One of the stores in Mississauga? I used to get $50 of spring rolls at one store to take back to Hamilton - when they were 8¢ each!

In Scarborough. 

We still get our staples like eggs, dairy and coffee from regular supermarkets, but for vegetables, fruits and meat, we head to the Oriental stores.

• Like 2

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
But how do they try "street food" and not balut?

And chicharon!

• Like 2

BigMook
Posted
Posted

my 1st trip to RP many years ago I took a girl to alona beach, Bohol. the 1st meal we ate together was on the beach at a western style restaurant. food was ok for me but she really didn't like it. so for the rest of the trip I ate where she wanted and ate what she wanted and I never asked what it was. honestly I enjoyed the local food and street food more than I did the western food. of course she was happier too. then I was even happier cause she saved me a sh&t ton of money and showed her appreciation like only a Filipina can.

I read reviews for hotels and see people complaining about the Filipino style breakfast. honestly if you travel to the Philippines and expect western style breakfast you are a dumbsh&t. that's like Japanese visiting usa and expecting miso soup at the holiday inn.

you ventured out enough to visit, venture out a little more and try the food. it aint bad. typically I can eat out (street food) 2 adults & 2 kids, eating isaw, hanging rice and RC cola for about $1. how is that bad. I actually enjoy the isaw (bbq chicken intestines) if cooked properly with good sauce.

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I recently found a little place about 2 minutes from home where everybody raves about the hamburgers... To me, a great hamburger is the perfect food... But I have no idea what their burger tastes like because the local menu is too good to skip over! Don't have a clue what half of it is called but I don't care! Dang but it's soooome good!

:D

• Like 3

BigMook
Posted
Posted (edited)

spicy pancit canton (oodles of noodles) for p8.25............... i'll eat that stuff all day long

Edited by BigMook
  • Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
you ventured out enough to visit, venture out a little more and try the food.

That used to drive me crazy when I was in the Navy.  We would be pulling into port and guys are already asking "where is McDonald's"... I love going out and trying new foods.  Sometimes it works out better than others... but it is always an adventure.

• Like 4