When To Begin Taking U.s. Ss Payments

bang4dabuck
Posted
Posted
Just now, bang4dabuck said:

No, I'm ok with it but to me it's a glitch, this benefit and probably hardly used. Abused yes, in my book. I just hate hypocrisy and to use GETTING EVEN as an excuse is a cop out.

in my book

robert k
Posted
Posted
Just now, bang4dabuck said:

No, I'm ok with it but to me it's a glitch, this benefit and probably hardly used. Abused yes, in my book. I just hate hypocrisy and to use GETTING EVEN as an excuse is a cop out.

So, I'm 51 and have never had the little patter of "tax deductions" running around my house? Is it OK If I get married and have some kids? I mean, I paid in for 3.5 decades.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bang4dabuck said:

You know any 60 yr old women pulling them out of the oven lately ? The same guy, a Trump basher like myself has a problem with disability benefits (he believes abuse), is going to take advantage of this technicality. Maybe he figures it's his turn at the till. I think it's hypocrisy, that or fix the rule so it turns off at a certain age and get rid of the electoral college while they are at it. Besides kids are a TAXBREAK already. He's my friend so I'll opt that he is just getting even, let's hope. F technicalities.

Yes, unfortunately there are plenty of 60 year old women "pulling them out of the oven" of their kids and raising grandchildren as the legal guardian. That way the kid/mom can go of an claim moral superiority and insult anyone and everyone they feel like and make everything a political statement, demanding tolerance but giving none...

Even happens in forums where a legitimate question is hijacked for political commentary even though there is a section devoted to political topics.

• Like 1

bang4dabuck
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Yes, unfortunately there are plenty of 60 year old women "pulling them out of the oven" of their kids and raising grandchildren as the legal guardian. That way the kid/mom can go of an claim moral superiority and insult anyone and everyone they feel like and make everything a political statement, demanding tolerance but giving none...

Even happens in forums where a legitimate question is hijacked for political commentary even though there is a section devoted to political topics.

Yeah, I am wrong criticizing anybody taking advantage of a rule, really. I do however think it's a bad rule but maybe I don't understand the intentions of what it really is in place for. I apologize sincerely.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

political commentary

That kind of thing "sneaks in" to many threads.  We all have to decide if we are gonna "sweat the small stuff" or let it slide.  If JGF ain't worried then I figure this is a thread about USA social security and I would be surprised to search any recent thread about USA stuff and not find the word "Trump".

So now that everyone has had their say on the political side of it;  I shall put on the moderator hat if anyone feels the need to keep repeating themselves.  One political comment is an off the cuff remark.  Repeated comments could be considered a political commentary.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, bang4dabuck said:

Yeah, I am wrong criticizing anybody taking advantage of a rule, really. I do however think it's a bad rule but maybe I don't understand the intentions of what it really is in place for. I apologize sincerely.

I am not so sure you are wrong, might make for a lively topic in the US politics area if you want to start one. Plenty of SS rules and benefits I have heard of are... ummm... surprising.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

might make for a lively topic in the US politics area if you want to start one

I imagine you are thinking of "another forum" as we don't have a spot for discussing politics on the this forum EXCEPT as it directly relates to Philippine politics and the effect on expats.

bang4dabuck
Posted
Posted

At least this situation is black and white whereas disability is a grey area. I'm sure there is some defrauding going on but not all. The electoral college, get rid of it and end the debate. Not backing down.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I imagine you are thinking of "another forum" as we don't have a spot for discussing politics on the this forum EXCEPT as it directly relates to Philippine politics and the effect on expats.

Woops, sorry

bang4dabuck
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Woops, sorry

Yeah my bad, I can dig it. Actually I got kicked off another well known expat forum for fighting back. Just as long as the rules are fair and equitable I'm cool. No more US politics here for me, sorry.