Employment For An American In The Phillipines.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Perhaps they need to work some in Phils to get the life style they want.

My point exactly but Thomas my friend, it will not be from the salary of a teacher and that was the basis of my post.  :thumbsup:

It depend of how much they miss with the other pay to get what they want, e g 60 000p is more than 45 000p   :)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
It depend of how much they miss with the other pay to get what they want, e g 60 000p is more than 45 000p

Whilst your mathematics astound me, I have to ask what on earth you mean here On a six day contract I fail to see how any of this will get a life style they need/want,If  you mean the salary is 20.000 cos that would be gross, my SIL has a take home pay of around 11.000 per month but if that suits you all well and good, for me I would not get out of bed, but then I don't have to

JP :tiphat:

Edit typo error  :1 (103):

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

It depend of how much they miss with the other pay to get what they want, e g 60 000p is more than 45 000p

Whilst your mathematics astound me, I have to ask what on earth you mean here On a six day contract I fail to see how any of this will get a life style they need/want,If  you mean the salary is 20.000 cos that would be gross, my SIL has a take home pay of around 11.000 per month but if that suits you all well and good, for me I would not get out of bed, but then I don't have to

My main point was for some it can be worth earning some (as complement) to make it possible to MOVE EARLIER than normal retirement age.

(The numbers weren't counted, they were just to show it will be more if working than if not working   :)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

just as interest and something I certainly never thought about, seems working in retirement can have an Impact somewhere along the way

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/092514/impact-continuing-work-retirement.asp

I am thinking this mainly applies to the US but stand to be corrected.  :)

Just something I came across that I thought may be of use to those that may fall into this category. :thumbsup:

JP  :tiphat:

Morning All. :morning1: ( :hystery:  Late night , Late Start but will catch up.)

• 3 weeks later...
bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'll be meeting them for the first time and want to make a good impression and not come across as selfish. Then again I do not want to be an atm. Tough balance to find I think.

Treat them to meals or treats, dont necessarily throw around cash or it will become expected over time, they'll learn to appreciate the day trips, meals out or small cash offers when really needed then.

Lots of work in BPO industry around Manila, someone with good IT knowledge like yourself could be of value to a number of organisations here.

I know many foreigners working  in the bpo industry on tourist visas here and there and they have been doing so for years without issues. Thomas is right though, if caught out they would be deported.