Wireless Router Frequency In Pi

intrepid
Posted
Posted

I'm looking to purchase a wireless router for use in our house when we move to the Philippines next year.

After doing some research I settled on TP-Link Archer C7. 

http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-Archer-C7-Wireless-1300Mbps/dp/B00BUSDVBQ/ref=sr_1_8?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1427397826&sr=1-8&keywords=wireless+router

While reading the reviesw I came across this review which starts:

First, let me caution anyone in the US that you MUST ensure that you are using the correct frequency setting as the UK and the USA do not have the same bands available for wireless.

This got me thinking because I didn't know diferent countries used different frequencies. 

So, what frequencies are allowed in the Philippines for wireless routers?  Is this one allowed?

How would anyone know?

:e3358: 

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Lazada might have the same one at a good price and it will be set up for the PI frequencies.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Lazada might have the same one at a good price and it will be set up for the PI frequencies.

They have it for $50.00 more!

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Most laptops don't care... They will pick up the Wi-Fi signal. Same goes for PCs.

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I don't think anyone in the Philippines will know or care what frequency your wifi is running. Since you most likely will live in a building with cement walls the signal won't go much past your house/apt anyway. I wouldn't concern myself about it.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

I don't think anyone in the Philippines will know or care what frequency your wifi is running. Since you most likely will live in a building with cement walls the signal won't go much past your house/apt anyway. I wouldn't concern myself about it.

Thanks earthdome.  That's what I was thinking and hoping someone would say also.

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

The routers in the PH use the same 11 channels 2.4 ghz as the US uses.

• Like 2