Puerto Galera's Lalaguna Villas

bows00
Posted
Posted

I am planning my next visit to the Philippines during December/January (yeah, I know, high season) and I will be spending 5 nights in Puerto Galera for my first time. I have done all the internet searching that's possible and have decided on the Lalaguna Villas. It's not cheap - I'll be spending $5,500P/night.

One of main concerns is it's location relative to where all the night life is. Is it a far walk?

And my next question goes to anyone that has some experience of the area. Would you stay there? If not, what hotel/resort would you recommend?

Thanks in advance,

Bows00

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
It's not cheap - I'll be spending $5,500P/night.

Really....Wow, I dont spend that including flight's for 3 weeks!

Well yes, we do spend some time with the wifes family, but we also fit in a couple of tours too.

I have visited a few "5 star resorts" in Cebu for the day, but are they really value for money ?, I dont think so, but each to their own.....JB

• Like 1

bows00
Posted
Posted

Actually, I just got a reply from the Lalaguna Villas for the following:

Below is the quotation for your room reservation on Dec. 30, 2015 - Jan.04, 2016 for 5 nights.

Bed Room Arrive Nights Room Rate Total Room VAT 12% Gross Accom

Premium Suite 30-Dec-2015 4 L56 8,200.00 32,800 3,936 36,736

Premium Suite 3-Jan-2016 1 L56 6,400.00 6,400 768 7,168

Total accommodation cost 43,904

I really don't mind paying that much, but the only concern I have is that it wouldn't make much sense if the rest of the surrounding area (Sabang) is a dump. and that is why I am asking for input from anyone that knows the area.

Bows00

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
I really don't mind paying that much, but the only concern I have is that it wouldn't make much sense if the rest of the surrounding area (Sabang) is a dump. and that is why I am asking for input from anyone that knows the area. Bows00

Well, unless they have their own private beach, you may have to share with the locals!

By the use of the word "Dump" I will presume you are referring to less fortunate local area's.

The Philippines is an experience, an adventure, a opportunity to vist its culture, good or bad.

Hawaii is a nice place I'm told, but I have never been there though.

Lalaguna Villa's looks  nice  from the video I just looked at.

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 1