Property Condo ? Wait For Annulment. Any Tips ?

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

I was in a somewhat similar situation a few years ago (not Filipina, she wasn't pregnant) and I ended up getting an annulment from Mexico. We had gotten married in Hawaii and were living in different states when I did the paperwork. I did it all by mail/telephone, seems like it was $1,500 - $2,500 range and took about 3 months to get the official copy (in Spanish) along with official English translation. (official meaning stamped at the courthouse where it was filed.

All that just to say if the current case doesn't work out, check on filing in Mexico.

• Like 1

Shol
Posted
Posted

Yeah great article. This has taken over 2.5 years already and now I am just waiting.  And I being advised by the lawyer that it's quite possible that the judge will rule against it because she's a "hardass" on annulments.   All of that crap was never explained to me before I paid approximately so far about 3.5K USD.

At this point I don't even know "If" it will be done let alone when and at the moment I check with the lawyer every few weeks and for about 4 months now all I have gotten is "Still pending no word from the courts yet".

Appreciate the input as I will love to get a good back up plan going.  One that would allow me to stay living here because I have a good position now.

Thanks a lot

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yeah great article. This has taken over 2.5 years already and now I am just waiting.  And I being advised by the lawyer that it's quite possible that the judge will rule against it because she's a "hardass" on annulments.   All of that crap was never explained to me before I paid approximately so far about 3.5K USD.

At this point I don't even know "If" it will be done let alone when and at the moment I check with the lawyer every few weeks and for about 4 months now all I have gotten is "Still pending no word from the courts yet".

Appreciate the input as I will love to get a good back up plan going.  One that would allow me to stay living here because I have a good position now.

Thanks a lot

Drop by in judges office and ask the personal secretary for a tracking on your case. And report back what they tell you and reference my original answer. Don't ask to see the judge, it doesn't work like that.

Drop the lawyer, his work is done, he can only milk you for more money.

Edited by chris49

chris49
Posted
Posted

Thanks a lot

It doesn't affect your living here in the Phils, that's your misconception of the whole situation from the beginning. It was another way for someone to milk your money and up to now you don't see it.

Shol
Posted
Posted

Thanks a lot

It doesn't affect your living here in the Phils, that's your misconception of the whole situation from the beginning. It was another way for someone to milk your money and up to now you don't see it.

Thanks a lot

If i buy anything it is legally half hers I hate renting.   At this point you are probably right doesn't matter.   As for milking money I haven't sent more than I initially figured I have to pay I was just deceived into thinking that it was going to be a walk in the park :)  Not sure what you mean up to now I don't see.  I SURE DO LOL.

chris49
Posted
Posted

Mate, I told you I have experience same as you.

Go to Judge's office, which is there at Dept of Justice where you live.

Shol
Posted
Posted

Thanks a lot

Drop by in judges office and ask the personal secretary for a tracking on your case. And report back what they tell you and reference my original answer. Don't ask to see the judge, it doesn't work like that.

Drop the lawyer, his work is done, he can only milk you for more money.

That's a good idea :)