My Life's Work Is Gone... Now What?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
maybe this time I'll concentrate on the self-help books

great idea Bob, self help books are all the rage and very successful. Might I suggest the first one be:

How not to loose your data in 3 easy steps!

(I am sorry Bob, I just couldn't resist :thats-funny: )

• Like 5

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

I know it's hard to believe... Me writing a Self Help book... But I have been counselling people for years... My daughter was born with Spins Bifida and Hydrocephalus plus I even did a term as Vice Chair and Acting Chairperson for the provincial association... Which meant helping many parents acknowledge and accept that they had a very special child... Lots of work with my subordinates during my military career... Again as manager and as owner of a large retail operation... I even got bored for a while (not enough work?) and got myself certified as a Life Coach but it was more of a sideline business for me... So I figured - why not? I've got the experience and knowledge... I might as well or it to use and see if I can make an income off of it!

:D

Edited by i am bob
  • Like 4

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

makes sense to me

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

At approximately 11am this morning here in the Philippines, while moving copies of all my writing to the cloud, something went bloey... The SD Card was wiped clean and my virtual drive shows as empty... 6 months of hard work down the drain... Now I have some files on my MacBook and some older ones on a flashdrive that has been misplaced somewhere in my apartment but, even with them, it's going to take a long time to get everything redone to a presentable condition...

Just wondering... Has anyone else had a form of employment while here in the Philippines and lost it all? Were you able to recover easily or did you just walk away?

Ouch!! I personally don't trust the cloud. I would only use the cloud for convenience. I have two 1TB external USB drives which I rotate between for backups. That way even if I get that malware that encrypts all your files and asks for a ransom I am ok. Because I will have a recent backup that is not connected to the computer.

• Like 1