Anyone Like To Prospect For Minerals?

calasiaobound
Posted
Posted

Hehe. Agreed. Not necessarily negative..

I'm more of a " go for it" kind of person. If problems come..I deal with them then.

There are several Americans currently dredging with no recourse. Theres legal ways and not so legal ways. But there are ways.

I did enough research before coming here..to know i can be doing it w/o getting into trouble...

If you ask me all the fine details? Honestly i dunno them.

Oh and yamash&tas gold..yes. have already been contacted by two metal deceting companies inviting me to go out with them..but I'm not a metal detection miner..so I turned them down. One company is considering using me as a source to help them locate placer deposits..which is my forte..but I'm sure I'd cost them too much ..hehe

calasiaobound
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sorry but this is not intended to be a discussion of anything illegal. One can legally mine here in the Philippines Maybe one needs more permits etc.. but can be done

Edited by calasiaobound
  • Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Do you mean by bribing ?   :)

Like I said:  "we do not allow discussions of illegal activity here.  No way, no how, not even grey areas."  because this kind of comment ALWAYS comes up.

You jumped copying my smiley   :)

I did enough research before coming here..to know i can be doing it w/o getting into trouble... If you ask me all the fine details? Honestly i dunno them.
How do you know if it's legal then?   :)

Many doing it without geting punished is NOT a proof it's legal, it's just a question of if someone have bothered...

Parallell to other research, I have studied some Philippine law around 2 years now. (Business, family and property laws looking for solutions I can have use of.)  You didn't answer my post with LAW QUOTE saying foreigners are NOT allowed either to do mining or geology work, or owning ANY part of a SMALL mining business, such being ONLY for Filipinos...  

calasiaobound
Posted
Posted (edited)

Before coming here..I read up on the laws that were applicable to me and discovered that I can do what I wanted legally. When in Baguio I talked to an american ( mentioned before) face to face..whom I'd been emailing back and forth for info..when I was still in the states. He owns a mining supply store...goes on 5-7 day dredging expeditions frequently with bro in laws and is literally killing it. Not kidding its like gold rush miner 49 rs stuff ..he's doing it legally..and I intend to replicate it.

Like I said..I dunno the fine details. Don't have that kind of memory. But I do know the customs agents scrutinized my sluice boxes..pans..scales..and other misc. Mining gear..asked me about it and I told them and they cleared me in to this country. I'm breaking no laws. Been pulled over by the lto at checkpoints. Saw my gear and my concentrates and I'm walking free. No fines no arrests no ramifications.

Edited by calasiaobound

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I talked to an american ( mentioned before) face to face..whom I'd been emailing back and forth for info..when I was still in the states. He owns a mining supply store.
Not suprising HE says Geology and Mining are legal, because he want to SELL equipment   :mocking:

Having a STORE and having a MINE is VERY DIFFERENT in legal point of view.  I suppouse he DON'T own more than 40 % of his store, because that's ILLEGAL  :lol:   

(Or is it a HUGE investment?  Foreigners can own a whole store legaly, IF the investment is BIG. I don't remember but I believe the MINIMUM is 2.5 million dollars.) 

pans..scales..and other misc. Mining gear
Do you count panning as MINING?? 

I don't know if it's same in English, but in my head it ISN'T same (except perhaps if having big MASHINES doing the "panning" in LARGE scale.)  As I wrote earlier I DON'T see gold PANNING by HAND being the same as having a MINE, so perhaps the law don't count gold PANNING as Mining. But you still have the problem foreigners are NOT allowed to either own or do Geology work for a small company according to the law I quoted.

calasiaobound
Posted
Posted

Sluice box..pans...scales and other misc mining equipment were cleared thru customs under close scrutiny at the airport in manila. If it was illegal for me to use said equipment and when asked my intent for having..would they not have confiscated said equipment? Yes panning is indeed the simplest form of mining.

I suppose he doesn't (on paper) own more than 40% of his store either. Same as foreigners don't own the land they put in their wives names either..right? Or do I not know the finer ..smaller details of land ownership as well?

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Sluice box..pans...scales and other misc mining equipment were cleared thru customs under close scrutiny at the airport in manila. If it was illegal for me to use said equipment and when asked my intent for having..would they not have confiscated said equipment?
I suppouse the custom don't bother. Even the police don't bother about many crimes...  :) 
panning is indeed the simplest form of mining.
I see. IF the Philippines include that too, then it's illegal  :)  according to the law I quoted, but perhaps they have an exception law excluding panning. Is it a such you have read? 
I suppose he doesn't (on paper) own more than 40% of his store either.
Rather many LAWYERS make an ILLEGAL "solution". (=The lawyer make a company where the foreigner own 40 % on paper, but DUMMIES have signed documents with huge advantage for the foreigner.) There is an "Anti-Dummy" law, which I suppouse make such lawyer made solutions CAN'T manage to be checked proper in a court case...

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
IF the Philippines include that too, then it's illegal
There is an "Anti-Dummy" law

Thomas, when we forum members tell you the same thing about owning real estate, you are quick to point out all the ways you can 'do it legal'.  I wonder why you are taking the opposing viewpoint with this gentleman?

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)

IF the Philippines include that too, then it's illegal

There is an "Anti-Dummy" law

Thomas, when we forum members tell you the same thing about owning real estate, you are quick to point out all the ways you can 'do it legal'.  I wonder why you are taking the opposing viewpoint with this gentleman?

Because I have shown him a law text telling it's NOT legal, 

while he has only answered

a foreigner with a shop SELLING such equipment tell it's legal,

and custom didn't bother.

I ask because I wonder what he has found in a LAW telling it's legal...

And I don't want him to get trouble with the juridical system  :)

I'm EXTRA careful in Phils, because I don't want to spend any time in a Phils jail...

Same as foreigners don't own the land they put in their wives names either..right? Or do I not know the finer ..smaller details of land ownership as well?

I forgot to tell in my earlier post   :)    it's POSSIBLE for a foreigner to own max 40 % of a land, IF doing it through a business, and IF the business NEED land. And I better add - IF it's a business type, which foreigners are allowed to own 40 % in.

Edited by Thomas

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Im sick of this topic. The fact is that mining is allowed with the correct permits. If anyone wants to go about it another way then thats their problem and can discuss it elsewhere.

Topic Closed

• Like 1