Your Thoughts On The Proposed Bbl.

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I realize that we do not have a say on the matter. However, it is a bit of a concern for anyone ( expats and family) now living in Mindanao. 

I doubt if any have had a run-in with any radical Muslim insurgents but this could change at an given time. 

There are different militant groups but the 2 main ones seem to be the MNLF  and the MILF. They have been active the longest and have the largest.active members. The Abu Sayyaf is a splinter group of Al Queda and the BIFF  is a splinter group of ISIS. The latter 2 are smaller in number but the most violently active. 

I do not know if the BBL will pass but I see nothing but trouble ahead whether or not it is approved. 

Since it will not affect expats living in non Muslim parts of Mindanao, I wonder how the BBL will affect their future. 

I know Muslims back in the states. They seem peaceful enough. However, in talking with them I wonder how they really think. 

I will tell you about it sometime. Right now, I'm curious how you feel about the BBL.

Thanks and MABUHAY

• Like 1

jon1
Posted
Posted

Trying to not get too political, but I think this is a huge mistake. The MNLF/MILF have already voided the Peace treaty by harboring known terrorists (as a result of the Mamasapano massacre of the Police Force).

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

If they supposedly have separation of church and state (that is debatable) then why do the muslims need their own territory?  I can't think of anytime people tried to settle with terrorists that worked out well.  There will always be a splinter group that feels cheated...

I think the President is desperate to leave a legacy... too bad it will be such a bad legacy.

• Like 5

Thomas
Posted
Posted

It's a BASIC PROBLEM the muslims find it very unfair USA gave whole Phils to be ruled from Manila, although Manila had never beaten the muslims. So I'm not suprised the muslims want freedom from the rest of Phils.

But at the same time   :)   I find the new muslim region to SCARY close to e g the Bukidnon part just south of CDO, which I had as a settle alternative earlier, but have SKIPED because of I expect the muslims will want to go on exbanding their territory in the long run.

• Like 2

virginprune
Posted
Posted

In Koronadal the population is 90% Ilonngo and approx 5% Muslim. My SO is convinced and assures me that the Muslims will not get a greater hold here, because it is the financial hub of the province.

So far I have had no reason to believe otherwise but saying that, I will only rent here for the next couple of years, just in case. If I decide I wish to move somewhere else for a more permanent settlement, it is good to know that my SO is happy to move with me wherever that might be.

• Like 2

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

If you create a country within a country, based on religion, there will be problems. Mixed rules and punishments. Violations of human rights as the west interprets them. We are free to worship how and what and whom we want. Does religion trump societies and the rules of law passed by her people. Can we all stand and defend our right to break laws based on our religious beliefs. These are trying times and confusing, compounded by political correctness. Right is wrong wrong is right. You can marry your chicken and leave your estate to your dog. A kid can get thrown out of school for eating his bread into the shape of a gun. A man can get thrown out of his apartment for flying Old Glory. Memorial day is about fried chicken and potato salad. We have always had freedom, there was never a price paid for it. Why do we need laws governing our cities, towns, countries, when we have religion. I could write a book, titled my holy scripture get it published and start living by it. Get a following have some one complain that I don't follow the laws of men, call the ACLU have them defend my religion and go on with my life. First commandment, I can't drive 55. Never be given a ticket for speeding because of my religion. How far fetched is any of this?  

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

To Words and Music :

I agree and that is what the BBL will be. A country within a country based on religion. The area proposed is roughly 5 provinces. It could expand with 10% voting of neighboring provinces to join. That means a minority of 10% will be ruling 90%. A tail wagging a dog.

All non-Muslims are considered infidels and you know what the Muslims think about infidels. 

Well, I wont be here to see it happen. So, good luck. 

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
If you create a country within a country, based on religion, there will be problems. Mixed rules and punishments. Violations of human rights as the west interprets them.
Yes. But human rights are violated often in Phils ANYWAY and often it's done by powerful POLITICIANS  :bash:   so it's very bad anyway...

(E g one of my Filipino friends told they lost their long time family land by a local top politician just TOOK it for own use  :1 (72):

You can marry your chicken and leave your estate to your dog.
The later has happened in USA  :)  
  • Like 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
You can marry your chicken and leave your estate to your dog

But you may not marry your Rooster in many states.

If they include ducks......DON"T EAT THE BALUT 

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Wow!  I have heard so much inaccurate information here!  Has anyone sat down and read what the BBL proposes?  Not even close to what anyone seems to understand...

How can we (as a group) present factual information without knowing what the topic consists of?  Instead, all I hear is fear of what isn't known or understood...  I don't agree with parts of the BBL either BUT most of it is actually very reasonable for the situation at hand...  And, personally, I believe the better answer is, as my good mayor-soon-to-be-president-hopefully has suggested, a change to a Federalist style of government.  But that's just IMHO... 

:rolleyes:

• Like 1