In Dumaguete? Please Watch For Stolen Motorcycle

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
In Dumaguete?  Please watch for my stolen Motorcycle

STOLEN XRM. PLATE NUMBER 2970 YY My motorcycle was stolen between 6:30 and 9:30 PM while parked beside CASABLANCA Restaurant on the boulevard Dumaguete. This is a pic when new. It is now 5 years old and still looks similar. If seen contact police or myself immediately.

post-41-0-41464300-1432921202_thumb.jpg

There is an armed security guard at Casablanca who was useless. Knows nothing, saw nothing, no help. Casablanca is a high end restaurant but they are one of the very few who do not have a parking attendant.

Police say there were 3 motorcycles stolen tonight, May 29, and it is not uncommon. They said I should have locked the wheel so it will not turn. Try telling that to the parking attendants.

• Like 4

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

So sorry dave. It does make you wonder if the guard is a total moron or has he fooled all of you and is part of the theft gang?

• Like 4

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

This sounds just like the time I had my new Schwinn mountain bike stolen from a post next to my front door. Bike had a cable and lock to the post.

Security guard did not see anyone but my neighbors did. They were the ones who knocked on my door to tell me. Security guard never came to see. 

We all paid were paying an extra 200 pesos a month for this security guard. That was then. 

Well, that is what prompted me to have my house now tightly secured. Concrete wall all the way around. Iron grilled up to the roof top. Same with wrought iron gate with strong chain and heavy padlock. 

Wrought iron grills on all the windows. Wrought iron doors with locks and dead bolt locks on my doors.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sorry to hear this Dave. Too bad you found that key.  :1 (103):

Here is a link to the facebook page for the restaurant maybe you could make a comment there you know show some love?.

https://www.facebook.com/casablanca.restaurant.dumaguete

Edited by Old55
  • Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Sorry to hear this Dave. Too bad you found that key.  :1 (103):

Here is a link to the facebook page for the restaurant maybe you could make a comment there you know show some love?.

https://www.facebook.com/casablanca.restaurant.dumaguete

Since the last post on that facebook page was 2013 probably not much help and unfortunately with with the amount of bikes in Dumaguete I think it will be hard to track down but hope it turns up somewhere. 

I added this topic to our own Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Philippines-Expat-Forum/173337951428?ref=hl

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
maybe you could make a comment there

Thanks,  I followed the link and gave a 'review'

I added this topic to our own Facebook page

Thanks.  I gave it a like.

has he fooled all of you and is part of the theft gang?

I think the guard is an idiot who is only paid to hold the door for customers and keep out locals wearing sleeveless.  But there were surely gang members watching to see which motorcycles were easy pickings.  The key is still in my pocket so I don't know if they crossed the wires to start it, had a master key, or just picked it up and put it in a multicab.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Dave, Sorry to hear this, as I may have told you, My Neighbours have a M/C Repair Shop next door to me, I have give then Photo and details to them to keep a look out.

JP :tiphat:

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

This sounds just like the time I had my new Schwinn mountain bike stolen from a post next to my front door. Bike had a cable and lock to the post.

Security guard did not see anyone but my neighbors did. They were the ones who knocked on my door to tell me. Security guard never came to see. 

We all paid were paying an extra 200 pesos a month for this security guard. That was then. 

Well, that is what prompted me to have my house now tightly secured. Concrete wall all the way around. Iron grilled up to the roof top. Same with wrought iron gate with strong chain and heavy padlock. 

Wrought iron grills on all the windows. Wrought iron doors with locks and dead bolt locks on my doors.

sorry state of affairs when you have to turn your home into a prison to be safe and protect your property.

Hope you get it back Dave.

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Ouch. That hurts. Anyone know what happens to stolen motorcycles? Are they parted out? Sold in the remote province? Can they get registration?

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Anyone know what happens to stolen motorcycles? Are they parted out? Sold in the remote province? Can they get registration?
I don't know about motorbikes, but I GUESS it's similar to cars. Earlier stolen cars were moved to OTHER ISLAND and sold (I suppouse with falsified or even by "real" documents made by an involved clerk working where they make real documents.)  The government have made this harder for thieves by a rule were the ferries are suppoused to check legality to let cars get to other island, but I don't know how much/litle this rule is followed  :unsure: