Which Phils Bank For Online Transactions

afathertobe
Posted
Posted

Any updates on that topic? Need a simple bank account to transfer money to occasionally and get payments done locally and online. 

So e-banking has to work fine for transactions within the Philippines, preferably no transfer limit and low fees in general. I'd need an ATM card too of course so a bank that has lots of ATMs in the country might be better. 

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

Any updates on that topic? Need a simple bank account to transfer money to occasionally and get payments done locally and online. 

So e-banking has to work fine for transactions within the Philippines, preferably no transfer limit and low fees in general. I'd need an ATM card too of course so a bank that has lots of ATMs in the country might be better.

Following recommendations for BPI on here I recently opened two accounts, sole and joint, and so far they seem to be very good. No complaints so far. I sent two SWIFT transfers from my UK bank and in each case, both were credited to my BPI the next day. Can't say fairer than that!

Ken

• Like 4

afathertobe
Posted
Posted

Did you need a residents card or are non-residents still allowed to open accounts at BPI?

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Did you need a residents card or are non-residents still allowed to open accounts at BPI?

When I opened my BPI account, I need my passport, two passport size pics, a letter from my country of origin bank ( not sure why). As with most things in the PI every branch seems to have different rules. Oh I got my ATM card 4 days later.

• Like 3

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

When I opened my BPI account, I need my passport, two passport size pics, a letter from my country of origin bank ( not

sure why). As with most things in the PI every branch seems to have different rules. Oh I got my ATM card 4 days later.

It seems very much that different banks, even different branches of the same bank apply different rules. The easiest for me to open was BDO, they just required a copy of my passport. The manager took my photo. BPI required my ACR-i card, passport, and the manager also took my pic on his phone. In both cases I got my ATM card immediately.

I hear, but have no direct experience, that banks in Makati and Cebu are more 'flexible' in their application of the rules, than provincial ones.

Ken

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I used BPI online to pay several bills like my SMART postpaid phone bill. As I recall there were no additional fee's for doing these transactions.

• Like 2

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

I just opened a bpi account but long ago and the lady at the bank was telling me that they had really good online banking.

I'm hoping to attach my account to my PayPal account so I'll be able to easily add money. It will be a great way to transfer money from the US for my wife.

We had to supply passport, alien registration card, some small passport photos and some copies of our wedding cert and passports.

We tried for a joint account at bdo and were denied.

Edited by Richieboy67

• 6 months later...
expatpaulinmy
Posted
Posted

If you're currently in the market of choosing which financial service provider would cater to your requirements, I would suggest that you do your initial research online. It'll save you a lot of time and money given the usual horrendous traffic, aside from the long queues that await when you reach the branch.

Before physically going to the location, you can get specific details that are important to you via online portals like iMoney, which you can use as reference. This way, you'll already come close to making a decision even before leaving your house. Whether you're interested in applying for a credit card, or looking for a low interest personal loan, or just opening a regular savings account, they've compiled most of the info that you'll find useful, which is a big advantage, rather than going to each of the bank's websites.

Once you have all the info you need, you can make a shortlist of your best options and if you still have questions or concerns, now will be the best time to visit the branch to get additional info so you can finally come to a decision.

• Like 1