Transfer Wise

GregZ
Posted
Posted

I've signed up with TransferWise for bank to bank transfers. My requirement is USA$ to PHP. They offer a mid-market exchange rate, which is awesome. Usually money transfers including the exchange are a fee PLUS a rate that costs roughly 1 peso / dollar.

TransferWise will charge only 1% to transfer for me. So a $500 USD transfer is only $5, $200 is $2. Super rate for small transfers. It looks like it will take 1 week to complete the move, but my first transaction is not complete yet, cannot verify length of wait.

I won't post it here, but if anyone wants a link to get a free transfer just PM me. You'll get ONE FREE TRANSFER, I get a kickback, so I don't think it is allowed to post a link from which I could make profit.

Always looking for options in finance so thought I should share this find. [emoji344] [emoji12]

• Like 1

GregZ
Posted
Posted (edited)

PLEASE KILL all these duplicates. Tapatalk said it was not posting. Apparently NOT true!

EDIT: Thank you... [emoji33]

Edited by GregZ

• 1 month later...
There's-a-chance.
Posted
Posted

I have used this company several times H.L. with good results, a very fair rate of exchange and modest charges. Much much cheaper that UK High St. Banks.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
gabgab
Posted
Posted

Does your bank charge you some sort of a deposit fee when you are receiving the TransferWise pesos deposit? Or do you get the full amount?

I'm planning to open an account at BPI, looking at their fees they seem to charge for every sort of deposit coming in. Does this not apply to the deposit TransferWise is sending?

GregZ
Posted
Posted

At BDO you get the full amount. It is an automatic direct deposit. I do not know about BPI.

BDO has a fee for deposits also, if you or someone else makes one at a branch other than the branch where you opened the account. But they like foreign transfers in and charge no fee.

Even there is no minimum balance or maintenance fee if you have the right account, for receiving money from abroad. If not, regular savings is 5000 balance to avoid 300 peso fee / month. This is what I have.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Does your bank charge you some sort of a deposit fee when you are receiving the TransferWise pesos deposit? Or do you get the full amount?

I'm planning to open an account at BPI, looking at their fees they seem to charge for every sort of deposit coming in. Does this not apply to the deposit TransferWise is sending?

I have a BPI account, I transfer money from my uk bank via world remit, who transfer at 1 peso below the top rate. Their maximum fee is £6.90, there is no fee charged by BPI. I cannot advise about Transferwise as I've never used them.

gabgab
Posted
Posted

Thanks!

I'll also be hoping to hear from someone who has a BPI account and has received a TransferWise deposit, regarding whether BPI took a fee or not. As I'm in the process of opening an account at BPI it would suck to find out there's a fee in retrospect :/

GregZ
Posted
Posted

I have a BPI account, I transfer money from my uk bank via world remit, who transfer at 1 peso below the top rate. Their maximum fee is £6.90, there is no fee charged by BPI. I cannot advise about Transferwise as I've never used them.
I suggest you try TransferWise. You'll like saving. Look at the total cost,; it's way less expensive and quicker than they advertise for me. Same day usually.

• Like 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

I intend to give TransferWise a go in May and will use you as a referrant, GregZ.  Thank you.

• Like 1

GregZ
Posted
Posted

I intend to give TransferWise a go in May and will use you as a referrant, GregZ. Thank you.

Thanks manof... I sent you a PM with link for FREE transfer. Anyone else going to try them FIRST TIME get a link from a current user.