Ormoc City....books

Larry45
Posted
Posted

Inspired by our new member, BT, this thread is all about where to buy or trade books in Ormoc.  As far as I know, Gaisano Capital has the only book rack in town (located near the sporting goods section on ground floor) and their selection  is mainly children's, mystery, some self-help, and tons of Filipino and English cheap romance.  I knew a couple of foreigners that had large collections of paperbacks, but they have since moved on, so that outlet is dry for now.  And the library here won't let you check out books, but they have an air-con reading room upstairs and a copy of "Culture Shock : Philippines" among others.  

Yeah, so finding books in Ormoc is not an easy task, so we usually try to stock up on our trips to Cebu.    Look forward to hearing from others in Ormoc who want to trade books or know of booksellers I may have missed :)     

• Like 1

2much
Posted
Posted

Larry, I have attached a list of my books. BOOK LIST.doc

• Like 1

Larry45
Posted
Posted (edited)

Larry, I have attached a list of my books. attachicon.gifBOOK LIST.doc

Nice collection!  I only have a few you might be interested in, as most of my good ones have already been given away or traded long ago.

* Seabiscuit - Laura Hillenbrand

The Purpose Driven Life - Rick Warren

Dianetics - L. Ron Hubbard

* Havana Heat -  Daryl Brock - (baseball)

* 633 Squadron - Frederick E. Smith - (WWII)

* My Blue Sky Trades - Sven Birckerts

Training a Tiger - Earl Woods - (golf)

Square Peg -  Orrin Hatch (politics)

The Way Things Ought to Be -  Rush Limbaugh

*Wide Open - Shaun Assael - (Nascar)

The Winning Edge - Don Shula

Stay Young and Vital - Bob Cummings

Cutting Loose - Nadine Dajani (for women)

*quality read (IMO)

If you see anything of interest, let me know and we can meet in the city.  As you can see, I'm overdue for a good read!   :)

Edited by Larry45

2much
Posted
Posted (edited)

Larry I would like to borrow Havana Heat, 633 Squadron, and My Blue Sky Trades.  I will be in Ormoc Thursday providing it is not raining as I am riding motorcycle.  My wife and I grocery shop on Thursdays.  I am usually at Bebidas, Riverside at 1:30-2pm having a beer while my wife shops.  The books are kinda buried so I need a little lead time.  My cell is Sun 0933 233 8906 or email 

Note from Boss

Use PM system as we do not allow email address to be posted

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
removed email

Larry45
Posted
Posted

Larry I would like to borrow Havana Heat, 633 Squadron, and My Blue Sky Trades.  I will be in Ormoc Thursday providing it is not raining as I am riding motorcycle.  My wife and I grocery shop on Thursdays.  I am usually at Bebidas, Riverside at 1:30-2pm having a beer while my wife shops.  The books are kinda buried so I need a little lead time.  My cell is Sun 0933 233 8906 or email 

Thanks for responding.....sent you PM.