Well. I Just Won My Annulment :)

Ynot
Posted
Posted

Hi perhaps you could give some background so we have a better understanding of what happened.  In my case I was married in Thailand, the divorce is registerd in thailand, not sure if it will be recognised in the philippines though?  So who knows in 2 years time i could be looking at seeking an annulment if i want to marry in a church??? So any help and any key tactics you used to gain the annulment will not go astray!!

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have my story to tell, but later. Shol, going back to your previous posted topic, how did you extract the judgement from the judge?

For me its a good news bad news thing, great news Shol, you got the annulment. Bad news mate if you jump straight back in at the deep end.

MY STORY WILL BE HARD TO TOP. ANY BETS ON THAT?

But it will take time to type it up. I will stake a mythical $1000, that no one can top my story.

ANY TAKERS?

Edited by chris49
  • Like 2

patmac
Posted
Posted

As a retired single guy think of moving to the Philippines , I'd love to hear this story !!! :-kiss:

• Like 1

Shol
Posted
Posted

Hi perhaps you could give some background so we have a better understanding of what happened.  In my case I was married in Thailand, the divorce is registerd in thailand, not sure if it will be recognised in the philippines though?  So who knows in 2 years time i could be looking at seeking an annulment if i want to marry in a church??? So any help and any key tactics you used to gain the annulment will not go astray!!

Let's just say I was delusional and worked here as an expat from 2007 - 2012.  Great job money benefits driver condo etc and I met a girl in 2007 who "shared" this life with me.  I didn't pay attention to the details, the small things, the red flags.  Only after the fact did it our mutual friends share her past with me.

I lost the VIP job in early 2012 and within a few months the "love" of my life couldn't adjust to in reality a very small comprimise in "lifestyle" so I woke up FAST.  Within a few weeks she had an upgraded rich guy and actually was living a short distance from where we lived just in a different luxury condo :)

There's way more to the story but for now that's about it.  The annulment took a few years (since June 2012) for a few reasons but it was handled decently.  My only complaint is I can safely say I had no real full understanding of the process until it was unfolding. (IE I was sold on the annulment without enough information; I would have probbaly secured a divorce if I had known)

As for your situation.  Not entirely sure my situation was all handled in the Philippines.  I don't even know if they will even have an idea that you were married.

As for marrying in a chruch I know that I will not be eligible for that unless I now attempt to secure a church annulment as I just accomplished a civil annulment.

I can admit that right now I don't care too much about that :)

• Like 1

Shol
Posted
Posted

I have my story to tell, but later. Shol, going back to your previous posted topic, how did you extract the judgement from the judge?

For me its a good news bad news thing, great news Shol, you got the annulment. Bad news mate if you jump straight back in at the deep end.

But it will take time to type it up. I will stake a mythical $1000, that no one can top my story.

ANY TAKERS?

Isn't it all subjective :)   Trying to make money off haha sounds like my "Ex-Wife" LOL

As for the decision.  I didn't do anything it took a while since the last court appearance but I just was contacted by my lawyer who was sent by official courier of the decision.

From what I know and have read this is very fortunate as there was no bribe involved and apparently this judge has not given an annulment since 2012.  I admit by sitting in the court and watching other cases I had a strong case and a generally better prepared lawyer.

Hope that helps :)

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have a question.

I wonder if a marriage by a foreigner to a Filipina or Thai is documented in their home country, If not, then why not just return to your home country and start over. Unless, you are planning to remain in the Philipines and try again. Yes, it would be documented here in NSO. 

What do you think?  

The reason I ask is that I am a widower and all I had to do is swear to it at the US Consulate Office in Cebu. I did not have to produce a death certificate. If so, then anyone can swear they are eligeable to marry without producing evidence.

I'm not contemplating anything. Just wondering because of the problems foreigners are having with annulments and divorces.

Edited by Gratefuled
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
The reason I ask is that I am a widower and all I had to do is swear to it at the US Consulate Office in Cebu. I did not have to produce a death certificate. If so, then anyone can swear they are eligible to marry without producing evidence.

Two big problems.  Perjury followed by bigamy if you marry again, both very serious crimes.  I would hate to live life waiting for a policeman to say "you need to come with us".  There would also be the potential of your non-ex turning you into the BI or extorting money to keep silent.  JMO :)  

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted

ANY TAKERS?

I dont think this post advances the discussion in anyway Chrtis. The OP is offering to provide assistance

to other OPs who may be considering or are in the process of trying to obtain an annulment, I assume to be able to

remarry.

This is a serious matter in Phils and I do not feel we need to treat it flippantly.

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

I have an annulment case Mogo, but I will defer to your higher judgement.

I will not tell the story because clearly you don't think it would be helpful.

• Like 2