Rates Are Up! Get Your Dollars Out From Under The Mattress!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I usually post when I do an exchange and tell y'all about it.

If you want to get a good rate, wait for me to exchange and then wait another week to do yours.

I exchanged a nice chunk at 50.05 last week. XE is now at 50.41 :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 3

intrepid
Posted
Posted

I learned a long time ago to get the very best exchange rate is the same as getting the lowest mortgage.  "Just dumb luck."  It can go up or down as soon as you sign or hand over the money.:thumbsup:

• Like 3

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Youse guys r sasve ........... till I get there ..........back to 45 as soon as we need something big

:boohoo:

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Gerald Glatt said:

Youse guys r sasve ........... till I get there ..........back to 45 as soon as we need something big

:boohoo:

Me too.  When we exchanged for our car it was not two days later the exchanged jumped up!:571c66d400c8c_1(103):.  At least now while building our house we have had some good luck.  Hoping it will last?:89:

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

The dollar really jumped this week.  It was under 49.5 a week ago and has jumped to 50.23 now.  50.42 is the 10 year high.

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

The dollar really jumped this week.  It was under 49.5 a week ago and has jumped to 50.23 now.  50.42 is the 10 year high.

YEAH go dollar go  :nudie:

intrepid
Posted
Posted

We just exchanged the last large amount to complete our house.  Yesterday we got 50.0 and felt good about it after the the past lows we have been seeing.  I read somewhere it is expected to hit between 51-52 between Sept and the end of the year.  I could not wait it out but fell fine with the 50.  Of course higher will still be better for monthly retirement.  As others have said, enjoy now why you can, because one day there will will be an adjustment down. 

• Like 1

CoffeeRulzMe
Posted
Posted

I expect the dollar vs. peso to climb steady and stay above 54-55 long term (with the exception being small short term fluctuations).  War is expensive. Fighting ISIS will cost PH a lot. Where will the money come from for war and other projects?  They will do what most countries do; print more fiat currency. The more in circulation, the less value.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, intrepid said:

We just exchanged the last large amount to complete our house.  Yesterday we got 50.0 and felt good about it after the the past lows we have been seeing.  I read somewhere it is expected to hit between 51-52 between Sept and the end of the year.  I could not wait it out but fell fine with the 50.  Of course higher will still be better for monthly retirement.  As others have said, enjoy now why you can, because one day there will will be an adjustment down. 

Present 12 months forecast is 52.50 to 1.00. Usually, around the Christmas holidays, the peso improves against the dollar because of the money remittances from OFWs.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

50.58 right now on XE.  10 year high!:SugarwareZ-005:

• Like 3