Rates Are Up! Get Your Dollars Out From Under The Mattress!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Dollar zoomed up to 51.04 right now on XE, a new 10 year or more record.

Yes, to 10 year record, but in the years from 2001 to 2007 the USD vs the PHP was in its prime, hanging in there from 50 to 58 for about 6 years.  Here is a link to that chart and one can hope that the 58 mark can be reached once again (if you have USD which I don't :huh: )

http://fxtop.com/en/historical-exchange-rates-graph-zoom.php?C1=USD&C2=PHP&A=1&DD1=11&MM1=08&YYYY1=1967&DD2=10&MM2=08&YYYY2=2017&LARGE=1&LANG=en&CJ=0&MM1Y=0

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yes, to 10 year record, but in the years from 2001 to 2007 the USD vs the PHP was in its prime, hanging in there from 50 to 58 for about 6 years.  Here is a link to that chart and one can hope that the 58 mark can be reached once again (if you have USD which I don't :huh: )

http://fxtop.com/en/historical-exchange-rates-graph-zoom.php?C1=USD&C2=PHP&A=1&DD1=11&MM1=08&YYYY1=1967&DD2=10&MM2=08&YYYY2=2017&LARGE=1&LANG=en&CJ=0&MM1Y=0

Thanks, I bookmarked the chart!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

My first trip to PH was in the mid 90's and I see the exchange was around 25 then.  I remember thinking everything was dirt cheap compared to the U.S., so I guess everything is relative to your current circumstances. 

• Like 3

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Up an up it goes,...where it will stop no one knows.  Currently 51.31 per dollar.  Just remember, what ever goes up will come down!  Sooner or later.  Enjoy it while it lasts.:SugarwareZ-005:

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, intrepid said:

Up an up it goes,...where it will stop no one knows.  Currently 51.31 per dollar.  Just remember, what ever goes up will come down!  Sooner or later.  Enjoy it while it lasts.:SugarwareZ-005:

All of the rates usually drop a bit leading up to Christmas when the ofw's start send their Christmas money home.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, intrepid said:

Strange, I normally beat the rate when I withdraw in the morning. Yesterday I was in town late and 'only' got 51.09 poor me lol

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Strange, I normally beat the rate when I withdraw in the morning. Yesterday I was in town late and 'only' got 51.09 poor me lol

51.46 now, really zoooming!  Just think of all of those extra pesos you would have if you waited!

Oh wait, I exchanged last Thursday  :bonk:

No one knows the tops and no one knows the bottoms!

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

No one knows the tops and no one knows the bottoms!

OK, can't help myself:

Tops and Bottoms.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

OK, can't help myself:

Tops and Bottoms.jpg

damnit, if only I had read that comment sooner... I was thinking the exact same thing LOL

intrepid
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

OK, can't help myself:

Tops and Bottoms.jpg

Haha,...  That's great Dave,....Seems Don was wrong,....many know "Tops & Bottoms"  :SugarwareZ-005:

• Haha 1