Water Shortage?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

It has not rained any substantial amount at my house in Sibulan (next to Dumaguete) since January.  The rivers around town run dry.  Seems like a water shortage right?

Not according to locals.  The management of the subdivision have been watering the grass 24/7 with potable water and this guy just wants to keep the dust down.

post-41-0-22230700-1434192026_thumb.png

post-41-0-25086100-1434192044_thumb.png

• Like 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted (edited)

[

post-5099-0-33108500-1434194713_thumb.jp

post-5099-0-75198100-1434194779_thumb.jp

post-5099-0-53132500-1434195013_thumb.jp

post-5099-0-61723100-1434195070_thumb.jp

Edited by expatuk2014
  • Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I suppouse it's big regional differences, assisted by Phils have 4 weather zones   (split from East to West, NOT north to south.) Some have rain spread rather much during the year while other have dought January to May normaly.

It wasn't much long time since I heared of FLOODS in some parts of Phils. 

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Our well was pumping mud the other day, uncles house is pumping air.... They ran a hose to the well next door - a vacant lot.   Time for the rainy season.

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Down my way the rains started about mid May, getting heavier now. The rice has been planted now, a bit late after a couple of dry months

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Having just arrived back into Philippines we took a ride around  some back roads of Cebu. Up Trans central turning off at Sudlan and rode down to Camp 4. First time ever looking down, the Manga river was totally dry, no water at all. Could not believe this as seen it low but never dry.

Have not heard of any problems yet in Cebu city although Danao is having problems.  Daves post is the first ever I have been aware of regarding Dumaguete water shortages.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
 Daves post is the first ever I have been aware of regarding Dumaguete water shortages.

Keep in mind that I said it "seems" like a water shortage because there has been no rain for 6 months.  My point was that the locals are not acting like its a water shortage and I am wondering where we are getting our water from when the rivers are dry.  I am guessing there may be rain somewhere up in the mountains and the water gets piped down but its just a pure guess.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Manila really hasn't gotten any real rain for awhile either. According to news reports I have seen, Manila gets most of its water from Agat dam and reservoir. Once it reached critical stage (shortage) farms were the first to be rationed and Metro Manila is still supplied. 

Perhaps it is that way in the rest of the country. Farmers get hit first and cities are still supplied..just an idea

fred
Posted
Posted

This is the worst drought I have experienced here..Must say though we have had rain this week and more dark clouds this morning.Raining season well on the way hopefully.

Very surprised there have been so few brown out to be honest.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I hope the rains hold another month here.  Getting my house finished is more important than water - as long as they have enough to mix the cement  :tiphat:

• Like 3