Electric Cost

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

My wife tells me her sisters electricity bill in Zamboanga city is P1000 a month. This seems awfully low to me or do different areas have different pricing? What are you guys paying? 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

My brother in laws house next door is vacant, we use the fridge for extra storage and that bill is approximately 400-600 pesos a month. Maybe they use candles and only use electricity for the videoke machine?

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

My brother in laws house next door is vacant, we use the fridge for extra storage and that bill is approximately 400-600 pesos a month. Maybe they use candles and only use electricity for the videoke machine?

No I dont think so, I think at least 10 live in the house. Often the power is off so I guess that reduces it.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Often the power is off so I guess that reduces it.

See that allllllllll the time,,Meralco techs running around shutting it down, then back on

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Often the power is off so I guess that reduces it.

See that allllllllll the time,,Meralco techs running around shutting it down, then back on

Zamboanga have rolling brownouts as the power generators are Hydro and there is no water to run it.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Filipino power bills are waaaay less than foreigner power bills as they actually conserve energy.  I use 20 times as much as the average filipino on my block and twice as much as my 'rich' filipino neighbor who runs 2 aircons.  Difference is I use my aircon 24/7 and he uses his only as needed on the hottest days.

1000 pesos for a filipino family is actually high unless they use ref and fans a lot.

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted

My bills are around 900p. That is running a fridge, fan 24/7, all cooking done on electric, charging of 2 cellphones, laptop and 2 tablets. Not too many brownouts, in fact just 2 lasting around 30 minutes each in the past month. This is in Koronadal City. My friend here runs similar plus a TV but cooks with gas and has aircon in bedrooms and pays 2500

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

We pay p12.75 per KWH here in Iloilo.  Our bill is p3,500 including aircon about 8 hours a day.   Uncle pays about p1,000 a month. They have a fridge, no aircon, minimal fan use.

• Like 1

jon1
Posted
Posted (edited)

My in-laws in Zambo have been averaging 1000-1700 per month. They also have a well with electric pump, no AC and one refrigerator and the money saving brown outs...

Edited by jon1

Larry45
Posted
Posted

Just got our bill yesterday and it's p4100.  Rates per kwh have climbed recently here with leyeco (leyte), but maybe only about 5%.  We've been running the aircon A LOT with the heat wave lately.  Cleaned out the a/c unit last week and with more rain now and cooler temps, looking for a bill next month p3300-3500.  That's for a family of 3, running ref, fans, computer, and cooling one room with aircon for 14 hour a day.  I guess that's typical.