C D O- Place To Stay

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Anyone stayed in CDO?Recommendations for a hotel please. oh before I forget,are there taxis in CDO? :any-help: :th_thsmilies-29057:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
Anyone stayed in CDO?Recommendations for a hotel please. oh before I forget,are there taxis in CDO? :any-help: :th_thsmilies-29057:
Yes there are taxis all over the place, so that will not be a problem. I think I made a post about a couple of places to stay earlier this year? I am not sure, :morning1: but I am sure others might have some better suggestions anyway because we have sort of stuck with the same old place most years. Earlier this year we stayed in Dynasty Court because our usual place Casa Crystalla was fully booked, and it was nice and at a reasonable price for an inside room. They also offered a discount for cash in advance upon checking in. The rooms were p1600 a night and then minus 30% discount. I do not know if the discount is a regular thing but it cannot hurt to ask. phone 724516 or 726876Then if you want to go with a lower priced one like this cheap old guy usually does, there is Casa Crystalla pension house phone number 561704, we have stayed there often and it is a safe place and right off the Divisoria and probably around p600 or so for a room with a queen size bed and they have Mom's corner restaurant right downstairs and it has reasonably priced food, but understand that this is a cheap place and you get what you pay for. I would not recommend Grand Hotel on Velez street, we stayed there one time and the bathrooms were full of mold. We even had the room changed a couple of times and all three were full of mold, seems they must have had a problem with the aircon dripping on the wood doors and they do not know about bleach.Then there is PhilTown Hotel, they have a great breakfast buffet and nice rooms the last time we stayed there but that was quite a few years back so I do not know about now. Edited by Mr. Lee

mike
Posted
Posted
Yes there are taxis all over the place, so that will not be a problem. I think I made a post about a couple of places to stay earlier this year? I am not sure, :morning1: but I am sure others might have some better suggestions anyway because we have sort of stuck with the same old place most years. Earlier this year we stayed in Dynasty Court because our usual place Casa Crystalla was fully booked, and it was nice and at a reasonable price for an inside room. They also offered a discount for cash in advance upon checking in. The rooms were p1600 a night and then minus 30% discount. I do not know if the discount is a regular thing but it cannot hurt to ask. phone 724516 or 726876Then if you want to go with a lower priced one like this cheap old guy usually does, there is Casa Crystalla pension house phone number 561704, we have stayed there often and it is a safe place and right off the Divisoria and probably around p600 or so for a room with a queen size bed and they have Mom's corner restaurant right downstairs and it has reasonably priced food, but understand that this is a cheap place and you get what you pay for. I would not recommend Grand Hotel on Velez street, we stayed there one time and the bathrooms were full of mold. We even had the room changed a couple of times and all three were full of mold, seems they must have had a problem with the aircon dripping on the wood doors and they do not know about bleach.Then there is PhilTown Hotel, they have a great breakfast buffet and nice rooms the last time we stayed there but that was quite a few years back so I do not know about now.
A new natures pension just opened opposite the Phil town hotel brand new building with fully new gear in all the rooms two prices 880 and 1350 the more expensive one has a bigger room and cr is huge with real bath tub. also u get a ref.Click on my web page for a map showing inner city hotels and proximity there are contact details there as well or just hit me up for any more specifics. www.spookscdo.comMike

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Yes there are taxis all over the place, so that will not be a problem. I think I made a post about a couple of places to stay earlier this year? I am not sure, :morning1: but I am sure others might have some better suggestions anyway because we have sort of stuck with the same old place most years. Earlier this year we stayed in Dynasty Court because our usual place Casa Crystalla was fully booked, and it was nice and at a reasonable price for an inside room. They also offered a discount for cash in advance upon checking in. The rooms were p1600 a night and then minus 30% discount. I do not know if the discount is a regular thing but it cannot hurt to ask. phone 724516 or 726876Then if you want to go with a lower priced one like this cheap old guy usually does, there is Casa Crystalla pension house phone number 561704, we have stayed there often and it is a safe place and right off the Divisoria and probably around p600 or so for a room with a queen size bed and they have Mom's corner restaurant right downstairs and it has reasonably priced food, but understand that this is a cheap place and you get what you pay for. I would not recommend Grand Hotel on Velez street, we stayed there one time and the bathrooms were full of mold. We even had the room changed a couple of times and all three were full of mold, seems they must have had a problem with the aircon dripping on the wood doors and they do not know about bleach.Then there is PhilTown Hotel, they have a great breakfast buffet and nice rooms the last time we stayed there but that was quite a few years back so I do not know about now.
A new natures pension just opened opposite the Phil town hotel brand new building with fully new gear in all the rooms two prices 880 and 1350 the more expensive one has a bigger room and cr is huge with real bath tub. also u get a ref.Click on my web page for a map showing inner city hotels and proximity there are contact details there as well or just hit me up for any more specifics. www.spookscdo.comMike
Thanks Mike for that infoI might just pick your brains a little bit more. Some time in March I intend to visit your fine city so that is why I am asking.OKIs there areas one should avoid in CDO?How far from "everything" is the Kingston Lodge?Will taxis be readily available when you throw me out of Spooks at closing time :gday: