Foreigners.....that Filipina With You Underage? Off To Jail You Go.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

The guy is a moron for living with an underage girl.  :buttkick:

We will never know the truth but.... Who wants to bet the separated wife dropped a dime?  :1 (235):

American to face charges despite intent to marry girl

By Liv G. Campo/JMO (The Freeman) | Updated June 30, 2015 - 12:00am

CEBU, Philippines- Authorities yesterday presented American David Ray Carpenter to the Provincial Women’s Commission following his arrest in Bogo City last Saturday for alleged human trafficking.

Carpenter was arrested for after he was found with a 17-year-old girl during a raid at his house.

He said he is willing to marry the girl once she turns 18 next year but lawyer Noemi Abarientos of the Children’s Legal Bureau said this intent will not spare him from charges. Even the parents will face charges for being instruments to the crime.

They are facing charges for violating the Anti-Human Trafficking Lawand the Special Protection of Children Against Child Abuse, Exploitation and Discrimination Act.

Carpenter defended the parents of the girl. He said the girl, reportedly his girlfriend, started living at his house last April and took care of him by giving him his maintenance medicine.

The girl’s mother said Carpenter might have given her money but it was because she took care of all his laundry, and not because her daughter was with him.She said Carpenter was kind to them that he even secured them passports so he can bring them to America where he promised to wed her daughter.

Abarientos said the girl was still 10 years old when her mother brought her to Carpenter.

Carpenter, who is said to be a retired member of the US Defense Department, has been living in the said place, but was said to be separated from his Filipina wife.

The girl will be turned over to a center that specializes in the care for abused children.

Meanwhile, Emilu Juanillo, barangay captain of Odlot, said CLB conducted a survey on human trafficking at the barangay last March.

Magpale said this is the fourth incident of the same nature in Bogo City in the last few months. She said the PWC will continue with its fight against the trafficking of humans in the province.  (FREEMAN)

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Even the parents will face charges for being instruments to the crime. They are facing charges for violating the Anti-Human Trafficking Lawand the Special Protection of Children Against Child Abuse, Exploitation and Discrimination Act.

About time that these Despicable parents and others like them were brought to Book. I don't care how poor you are, selling your Kids is just not On, it is 2015 not the dark Ages but again, Those at the Top will just Shrug it off. It will be left to charities and not the Law :no:  to even begin, to solve this ever growing situation.

Sorry Rant Over.  :unsure:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I am with you 100%. If the moron was with her at age ten then he needs to burn in hell. 

• Like 2

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

underage is underage !! regardless of what the family say !

throw the moron in a womans jail !!

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
He said the girl, reportedly his girlfriend, started living at his house last April and took care of him by giving him his maintenance medicine.

Nowhere in the article does it say he was having any kind of physical relationship with the girl.  By these standards you could not be a bedridden cripple with a 17 year old caregiver giving you medicine.  Contrary to popular belief, many very old men do not have physical relations with their young girlfriends.  MANY older guys of my acquaintance admit that they cannot do it any more and just like the companionship of the younger lady.  So how is that abuse?  Notice there were no sexual aids of any kind found on the premises and the parents of the girl were present at all times.  Who is going to abuse a girl while her parents watch?  How f***ed up do people think we foreigners are?

• Like 3

chris49
Posted
Posted

He said the girl, reportedly his girlfriend, started living at his house last April and took care of him by giving him his maintenance medicine.

Nowhere in the article does it say he was having any kind of physical relationship with the girl.  By these standards you could not be a bedridden cripple with a 17 year old caregiver giving you medicine.  Contrary to popular belief, many very old men do not have physical relations with their young girlfriends.  MANY older guys of my acquaintance admit that they cannot do it any more and just like the companionship of the younger lady.  So how is that abuse?  Notice there were no sexual aids of any kind found on the premises and the parents of the girl were present at all times.  Who is going to abuse a girl while her parents watch?  How f***ed up do people think we foreigners are?

I would have to cite Dave, circumstantial evidence in that the girl was living full time in the house of the man. Now it would not matter the man's age or physical condition and whether or not they had sexual relations or not. eg, any of us on the forum doesn't have a casual date with a minor because it is against the law.

Now let's say the guy is disabled and needs assistance. It is also against the law to hire someone and not pay minimum wage and if he did hire someone why does it have to be a 17 year old.

It doesn't say in the article that the girls parents were present at all times, but it does mention that the guy was married to another Filipina, now even that which is not serios in any other country is quite serious here. What is the wife filed a complaint?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I would have to cite Dave, circumstantial evidence

It seems obvious that the man did a foolish thing which is probably against the law (courts will decipher the letter of the law on this one), but we are all so quick to jump on him for "abuse" and the authorities call her a "victim".

This story hits a nerve because of something that happened to me.  Let me tell the story:

I was living in a big house in the province with my 25 year old filipina live in spouse.  We had a 40 year old live in housekeeper and a 32 year old 9 to 5 helper.  Life was good.

Now the 32 year old helper had a 14 year old daughter that she started to bring around to help her.  The daughter was unpaid.  The reason given was that the helper was afraid to leave the girl alone at home when school was out.  I was concerned but let it slide and stayed discreetly out of the way.  Then the day came where the helper had to go away overnight and wanted the 14 year old to stay with us for the night so she would not be home alone with the helper's drunken husband and the other males in the barangay.

I started ranting and raving about this is not going to happen.  I thought I was being set up.  I could imagine all kinds of negative scenarios.  But my spouse and the housekeeper and the maid and the 14 year old all sat around treating me like I was from Mars and the kid was staying in the same bed and room as the housekeeper and that was that.  There was no way they were going to let the 14 year old stay with her dad and others for the night.

So I grumbled and conceded that it could happen if the kid is never alone in the same room with me.  I considered just going out for the night as it really felt like a set up, but I decided to be cool about it AND NOTHING HAPPENED.  So I was very lucky.  Very lucky indeed.  It seems we assisted the girl and her family and all turned out well but when I read stories like the one in this thread I know that everyone in the Philippines, locals and foreigners alike, would have seen me rot in jail if it really was a set up and the police had shown up that night.

• Like 1

Wrye83
Posted
Posted
So I grumbled and conceded that it could happen if the kid is never alone in the same room with me.  I considered just going out for the night as it really felt like a set up, but I decided to be cool about it AND NOTHING HAPPENED.  So I was very lucky.  Very lucky indeed.  It seems we assisted the girl and her family and all turned out well but when I read stories like the one in this thread I know that everyone in the Philippines, locals and foreigners alike, would have seen me rot in jail if it really was a set up and the police had shown up that night.

I have had this argument with the gf before about her younger siblings/family members. They are not allowed to stay in the house with me....period. She tried to insist one night that the young girl was staying in the house while her brother way away. I said ok but told her I was going to go stay in a hotel room that night (which the she freaked out about because she gets super jelly). The gf found an alternate place for the girl to stay...go figure.

Never be in any place with minors that are not your kin (especially if you aren't married). I have CCTV in my house that could prove nothing happened.....but the Philippine courts have shown time and time again that they don't give a rats arse about video evidence and witness testimony takes priority over everything else. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Abarientos said the girl was still 10 years old when her mother brought her to Carpenter.

As usual different press stories say different things for example one says Carpenter has lived in Bogo for 5 years so if that's the case then it's certainly possible that the above sentence is incorrect. 

In the same story it says the mother, girl and Carpenter were lying on the floor but another story I read that the police found them in bed with the mother sitting on the bed.

Police said the foreigner and the minor were lying next to each other on the floor and the mother was lying next to the girl while the minor’s father was on the couch in the living room when they implemented the search warrant.

http://www.philstar.com/cebu-news/2015/06/29/1471285/girl-family-living-suspect-minor-rescued-american

It doesn't say in the article that the girls parents were present at all times, but it does mention that the guy was married to another Filipina, now even that which is not serios in any other country is quite serious here. What is the wife filed a complaint?

Again in another story the wife moved abroad so that is why they are separated. 

Anyway the whole point to this is that she is underage, on their facebook page she is known as his wife and he should have just waited till she was 18 or over.

post-1-0-68649600-1435658930_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-67285000-1435649271_thumb.jpg

• Like 3