Foreigners.....that Filipina With You Underage? Off To Jail You Go.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, FredMac said:

Please show me one example of a foreigner who heeded the above rule yet was thrown in jail.  I will relay it to the detective.

lol,,  here we go. Just recently the unexpected death of a American or Canadian, I forget who was jailed for what appears to be nothing but somehow hung himself with a belt he never worn in his life comes to mind. 

I could go on for hours but cant be bothered so you live in your cocoon and and I hope others be aware of their surroundings and circumstances.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

FredMac
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

lol,,  here we go. Just recently the unexpected death of a American or Canadian, I forget who was jailed for what appears to be nothing but somehow hung himself with a belt he never worn in his life comes to mind. 

I could go on for hours but cant be bothered so you live in your cocoon and and I hope others be aware of their surroundings and circumstances.  :thumbsup:

And that's supposed to be a credible assertion?  Who?  Where?  Why?  That's just exactly the type of vague innuendo I'm talking about.

Now, there is one very important thing for all foreigners whether living in the Philippines or just visiting.  I can't remember if it's in this thread or others.  The substance of it is, don't act sketchy or like you are hiding something, ever.  Sad to say, many expats living in the PI are folks who got out of their own country because they couldn't make it there.  They are losers and/or social pariahs or worse.  

If you expect the Phil authorities to be on your side, keep your act together.  Be trustworthy and decent and above board.  Perhaps as important as anything else, BE POLITE.  Say "good morning" and "good evening" to LEOs and look them in the eye.  Respect begets respect.  There are lots of people they could go after, so make sure you aren't one.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, FredMac said:

And that's supposed to be a credible assertion?  Who?  Where?  Why?  That's just exactly the type of vague innuendo I'm talking about.

Now, there is one very important thing for all foreigners whether living in the Philippines or just visiting.  I can't remember if it's in this thread or others.  The substance of it is, don't act sketchy or like you are hiding something, ever.  Sad to say, many expats living in the PI are folks who got out of their own country because they couldn't make it there.  They are losers and/or social pariahs or worse.  

If you expect the Phil authorities to be on your side, keep your act together.  Be trustworthy and decent and above board.  Perhaps as important as anything else, BE POLITE.  Say "good morning" and "good evening" to LEOs and look them in the eye.  Respect begets respect.  There are lots of people they could go after, so make sure you aren't one.

This topic is so old that I will not go back and read why you decided to stop lurking and post but be assured most understand the risks, the reality and so forth.  On a an off topic note about being polite, respect and the rest of it then its still depends on what no one knows is comming next. I love it here, I am not as you describe as a loser and many others have fallen in to deep trouble while following the law and just being a normal person so please dont tell me vague innuendo and if you decide to read more topics the subject topic that I mentioned is here on this forum and all over news and google with all the facts or not as we can find in relation to the situation l vaguely described. 

To add I get hundreds of google news to my inbox everyday and follow so many incidents as I want to know what is going on without my head in the sand .

So what is your point? is it dont worry about a thing or is it it that you who are in the USA can give great advice behind the keyboard?

More to add, a new Facebook page is up telling the story of a foreigner happily married to his Filipina and their lovely daughter. One problem is that this guy spent over 18 months in jail for accusations of hitting the wife and pushing the daughter if I recall correctly but what got him out of jail eventually is the charges were upgraded to murder but what his wife did not know is that this guys good friend in the police department happened to be in the prosecutor's office the day his "wife" and what turned out to be the prosecutors girlfriend plotting to get rid of the foreigner forever. Yeah I can't find the link just now but will .

My point is that no matter how careful or what you think it could change.  So if you like to be in the company of young girls even with a chaperone and it works for you for years and then perhaps you move on to a new relationship in similar circumstances you may not get the same happy ending. 

Still no point being paranoid either is it. 

• Like 3

FredMac
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

This topic is so old that I will not go back and read why you decided to stop lurking and post but be assured most understand the risks, the reality and so forth.  On a an off topic note about being polite, respect and the rest of it then its still depends on what no one knows is comming next. I love it here, I am not as you describe as a loser and many others have fallen in to deep trouble while following the law and just being a normal person so please dont tell me vague innuendo and if you decide to read more topics the subject topic that I mentioned is here on this forum and all over news and google with all the facts or not as we can find in relation to the situation l vaguely described. 

To add I get hundreds of google news to my inbox everyday and follow so many incidents as I want to know what is going on without my head in the sand .

So what is your point? is it dont worry about a thing or is it it that you who are in the USA can give great advice behind the keyboard?

More to add, a new Facebook page is up telling the story of a foreigner happily married to his Filipina and their lovely daughter. One problem is that this guy spent over 18 months in jail for accusations of hitting the wife and pushing the daughter if I recall correctly but what got him out of jail eventually is the charges were upgraded to murder but what his wife did not know is that this guys good friend in the police department happened to be in the prosecutor's office the day his "wife" and what turned out to be the prosecutors girlfriend plotting to get rid of the foreigner forever. Yeah I can't find the link just now but will .

My point is that no matter how careful or what you think it could change.  So if you like to be in the company of young girls even with a chaperone and it works for you for years and then perhaps you move on to a new relationship in similar circumstances you may not get the same happy ending. 

Still no point being paranoid either is it. 

I'm not saying I enjoy that -- it has nothing to do with me.  I am happily married to a woman my age.  But this forum is littered with all these sensationalistic posts that have no basis in factual reality.  Most of your dire warnings are nothing more than your own personal moralizing and dramatization, with zero facts backing them up.  Calm down and understand the law.  I am not aware of a single person, whether domestic or foreign, who has "fallen in to deep trouble while following the law" for zero reason.  That's just baloney.  Understand and respect the laws wherever you go in life, and there's absolutely no reason you'll run afoul of them. 

There are so many legitimate crimes that the police have far far better things to do with their time than press half-baked charges UNLESS they have reason to believe there's something going on that's way out of bounds.

Clermont
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, FredMac said:

Sad to say, many expats living in the PI are folks who got out of their own country because they couldn't make it there.  They are losers and/or social pariahs or worse. 

Yes I'm paraphrasing, this is about the only part of your post that caught my attention, the rest is all bulldust,  your full of it fellow, a few we know are what you described but not many and although we are not face to face, I'd like to meet you and let you repeat that sentence. Of the many millions that visit the PI's each year only a handful are caught doing the wrong thing and jailed. Most nowadays don't get into the country, try reading some of the posts on deportation and blacklisting before you characterize many expats as opposed to a few. Sorry to those I have offended with my wording, but. :Mad:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FredMac
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Clermont said:

Yes I'm paraphrasing, this is about the only part of your post that caught my attention, the rest is all bulldust,  your full of it fellow, a few we know are what you described but not many and although we are not face to face, I'd like to meet you and let you repeat that sentence. Of the many millions that visit the PI's each year only a handful are caught doing the wrong thing and jailed. Most nowadays don't get into the country, try reading some of the posts on deportation and blacklisting before you characterize many expats as opposed to a few. Sorry to those I have offended with my wording, but. :Mad:

Clermont, that's certainly fair enough.  My words may have been a little pointed, but I am sure you would agree that there are many expats who don't exactly do their peers a service by creating goodwill among the locals.  All too many of them, instead, create doubt, dislike and have an entitlement mentality that they are somehow exempt from local customs and laws. Certainly not all, not even close.  But see if you can at least understand what I'm trying to say.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Under age with chaperone, does her mamasan count

And that sums it up.  If "any" chaperone would do then a 17 year old bar girl in a room full of "adult" bar girls could be considered chaperoned.

• Like 4
  • Hmm thinking 1

FredMac
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gary D said:

Under age with chaperone, does her mamasan count.:whistling:

I'm going to ask the detective.  I frankly have a feeling it would count.