Foreigners.....that Filipina With You Underage? Off To Jail You Go.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

she is pregnant 

People tend to blame me for everything :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Oops there goes another one.

They are sure going to a lot of trouble to catch these guys.  I think if I was that guy I would say: allah 'akbaru. 'ayn mahami.  Which is Islamic for:  God is great.  Where is my lawyer.  (Sharia law says there is no crime in being with a 17 year old.)

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 6/3/2018 at 12:08 AM, bastonjock said:

if your gf has young children ,you cannot even babysit ?.

No this whole saga gets exaggerated to the extreme. For example if your seen alone say checking into a hotel, bus terminal or in a situation that could raise suspicion sure your going to questioned and perhaps arrested.

The normal guy giving the neighbours kids a ride to school with his kid, or taking them for an ice cream is not arousing suspicion of any nature. These arresting officers must have grounds and it's a judge whom makes the final decision. The whole subject discussion  goes to the point of ridiculous.

Not with standing there are of course shake downs and over zealous woman organization whom cloudy the waters. Every time while my SO is in the bank I am playing with the kids in the local plaza, as said unless suspicious is aroused there is no issue.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, RBM said:

Not with standing there are of course shake downs and over zealous woman organization whom cloudy the waters.

And that is what we have to be on guard against.

I'm thinking of that photographer fellow was babysitting his gf's kids and taking pics and is now in jail because a neighbor dropped a dime on him.  Or such was my take on the matter.  Anyway, guilty or not he went to jail and I find it best to be open and honest with the neighbors, like talk to the nosy ones and say "Have you met my gf's kids?  She makes me babysit them while she does . . . . . "  That gets them to be sympathetic that you are looking after the kids while gf is doing whatever OR they will get upset with the gf for leaving the kids with you. Either way it takes the heat off, IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

The whole subject discussion  goes to the point of ridiculous.

Not really

The law is fairly clear and it's up to individuals of what they do but if the crap hits the fan one day no one could say they never heard of the law. Suspicion, I was in Ayala one day with our former admin. A foreigner was there with a child ( might have already posted this?), two police officers were questioning him and he was showing ID. Now I dont know if the child was the reason but seems they were suspicious about something as I seen no other foreigner questioned that day.

Although one would have to be unlucky to just be babysitting but at least those who are aware of the law can decide what risk they take.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Not really

The law is fairly clear and it's up to individuals of what they do but if the crap hits the fan one day no one could say they never heard of the law. Suspicion, I was in Ayala one day with our former admin. A foreigner was there with a child ( might have already posted this?), two police officers were questioning him and he was showing ID. Now I dont know if the child was the reason but seems they were suspicious about something as I seen no other foreigner questioned that day.

Although one would have to be unlucky to just be babysitting but at least those who are aware of the law can decide what risk they take.

Exactly my point, thanks for high lighting this. If any adult is with an underage kid in what an enforcement officer deems to be suspicious circumstances  he should be questioned. If as in your high lighted case, the person provides ID and the minor states, say,  it's my mums friend and other questions answered it goes no further. With luck this may well catch a few of these pedifilers.

Look there are thousands of males living with their partners whom have kids........Is this grounds to arrest them all. Some people to me appear paranoid over this law, personally I believe it's good although like any law subject to abuse by a very small minority of unscrupulous officers. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
i am bob
Posted
Posted

Following my most recent adventure a couple months ago (hit and run, ligaments in my knee torn to sheds, bed rest for 2 plus months, etc), my fiance and I called it quits...  When we figured my income for the next few months were going for surgical bills, she was more than happy to say goodbye...  But then I met someone who is everything (and I do mean everything!) that I've ever wanted in my life...  Now I'm a young 29 (60!)...  I said 29 (60!)...  And I thought she was the same age as my ex...  Then I found out she was 21...  Her Facebook had 1997 as her Year of Birth...  Ok, I can live with that...  The day before her birthday, we were talking and she said she would be so happy to finally be 20...  Um, yeah, so today you are still 19..?  Ah, heck...  So people will call me a dirty old man...  But she's worth it..!

The point is - so many of the girls now look several years older than they truly are...  Now I can understand someone getting into trouble when other people don't present truthful information...

As for a girl over 18?  The only ones who can make a complaint are the girl, or her parents if the girl is physically unable to.  That is the law...  Freddie's case was a political mess...

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, i am bob said:

The only ones who can make a complaint are the girl, or her parents if the girl is physically unable to.  That is the law..

Where are you getting that law?  I have seen too many foreigners get into trouble from "victims rights groups" pressing charges to believe your without legal advice and actually seeing the law in print.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

The laws here are pressed in with the basics, it seems...  After that, case law is deemed the authority...  What happens when people go to trial...  I came across that info while researching foreign divorces for a friend about a year ago..

• Hmm thinking 1