Foreigners.....that Filipina With You Underage? Off To Jail You Go.

Wrye83
Posted
Posted
Anyway the whole point to this is that she is underage, on their facebook page she is known as his wife and he should have just waited till she was 18 or over.

Just FYI: 

It shall be unlawful for any editor, publisher and report or columnist in case of printed materials, announcer or producer in case of television and radio, producer and director of a film in case of the movie industry, or any person utilizing tri-media facilities or electronic information technology to cause publicity of the name, personal circumstances, or any information tending to establish the identity of the trafficked person except when the trafficked person in a written statement duly notarized knowingly, voluntarily and willingly waives said confidentiality.

A picture might be considered identification by the authorities. Just letting you know. 

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I would have to cite Dave, circumstantial evidence

It seems obvious that the man did a foolish thing which is probably against the law (courts will decipher the letter of the law on this one), but we are all so quick to jump on him for "abuse" and the authorities call her a "victim".

I did read the law roughly a year ago. If I remember corect it's even breaking the law to be alone with an underaged in a hone/hotel UNDEPENDING of if anything unappropriate is done.

And even if it's the gf's child, which can be very unpractical to avoid...    I don't know how to solve it practical if marry a Filipina with underaged child. I don't know if adopting solve the problem. IF it's that "easy" it could be a solution for pedophiles to get around the law...

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yeah Dave, almost 10 years ago upon arrival in the Philippines, within the first 6 months. I was around 56 then.

I used to frequent Chow King, Red Ribbon, those kind of places, and you know the one where the beggar is outside and tap tap tapping on the glass making signs that they are hungry. In this case I got 3 very cute youngish girls outside the window of Red Ribbon and they did not have to tap, one girl was very pretty, nicely dressed, not beggars. They definitely got my attention, you know how it goes here. So I gave them the sign to come in and sit down. I think they were genuinely shy, so they didn't come in immediately. But definitely they were looking for a free merienda. So what the hell, I did not think too much about it, I went outside and they gave me the old "it's her birthday routine"

So I played the game and invited them in. One girl is 19, the other 17, and the really cute one 17 but it's her birthday. I did question them a bit but Red Ribbon being in public and not thinking about much else, I gave them what they wanted, either cake or a snack, they did not want coffee. They did not solicit me for money which was good.

Time to leave and they had a good time, so I threw out that I knew it wasn't her birthday, so why don't they give me the truth as now it's not going to make any difference. The one girl is 19 she stuck to that. Another claims to be 17, she stuck on that. The cute one showed me an ID and her 18h birthday was coming up in 3 months, and that I took to be honest. So what's their line, are they students or what? Then I got the whole story. This is in the very last days of the Japayuki Girls, girls who are recruited primarily on their looks to work in the entertainment industry in Japan, and are given various levels of training before they get the visa. The actual practice was stopped around that time, but these girls had signed up for the training, still hoping to get the visa. And judging by the cute one, she had an excellent chance.

Luckily nothing happened and I think I was alert enough not to let anything happen, except that it could have been a set up, but I did not think about it much.

They got my CP number and would text me. Then around the time of her birthday, the cutie one told me she was selected to go to Japan. She txt me that, but I heard nothing more from her. I was in a relationship at the time, so the other 2 girls also stopped txting me eventually.

So yeah, stuff can happen. But again this guy did have it going on for a number of years, so fault on him.

Edited by chris49
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

And even if it's the gf's child, which can be very unpractical to avoid..

Many years ago when My daughter (Adopted now) was 8 we stayed in a Hotel for a few days when my Wife was working (Seminar)

The Management asked who the Child was, of course we produced the necessary documentation we had prepared for such an event.

The Hotel Management were more than happy that I was the Step Father and it was all entered on the register for anyone requiring information in Authority, to view. I never had a problem at all in the 3 days we were there.

No matter  if it's 8/9/10 or Whatever to 18, Hotels and such can and should be more Vigilant in their Duty.

This to me could 1/2 the problem.

I am sure in my mind that money takes precedence on checking I/D's, It is cash in the till until it goes wrong. Even more worrying is the  Roll of the Barangay Captain, We have all been here long enough to know how the jungle drums Work, I will not believe the Local Captain or his Posse did not know  :no:  that a 17 year old was in that House, alone I guess most of the Time with the guy, Especially as it was near a School where the Comings and goings would surely been seen daily. Yes maybe he could have passed her off as his Helper but even that would have been against the law. 17 is a Minor which ever way you look at it.

Sorry another rant over. :)

JP :tiphat:   :1 (103):

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Anyway the whole point to this is that she is underage, on their facebook page she is known as his wife and he should have just waited till she was 18 or over.

Just FYI: 

It shall be unlawful for any editor, publisher and report or columnist in case of printed materials, announcer or producer in case of television and radio, producer and director of a film in case of the movie industry, or any person utilizing tri-media facilities or electronic information technology to cause publicity of the name, personal circumstances, or any information tending to establish the identity of the trafficked person except when the trafficked person in a written statement duly notarized knowingly, voluntarily and willingly waives said confidentiality.

A picture might be considered identification by the authorities. Just letting you know. 

Well its publicly available on the internet but just incase I solved the problem anyway.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Many years ago when My daughter (Adopted now) was 8 we stayed in a Hotel for a few days when my Wife was working (Seminar) The Management asked who the Child was, of course we produced the necessary documentation we had prepared for such an event. The Hotel Management were more than happy that I was the Step Father and it was all entered on the register for anyone requiring information in Authority, to view. I never had a problem at all in the 3 days we were there.

Although I am getting away from the original subject the law of not being allowed in the company of a minor is very flawed even though I understand what the idea is, it's not practical. Myself for example send a girl to school and she calls me dada and we have that kind of relationship even though I am not her father but the closest to a father she has ever had. I should add her mother is a very good friend of mine and I love the girl as if she is my daughter. Anyway what concerns me is when I finally win the lotto and get back to Cebu I would love to spend time with "my" little girl but it's a risk like in the event just say we and her mother are just sitting in Jollibee's eating a rubber burger and her mum suddenly needs a quick toilet run leaving me alone doing nothing wrong and then along comes the law.

Technically I am breaking the law but doing nothing wrong except for feeding a minor junk food but it could cause me a lot of problems, yes I know it would be different if l checked into a hotel with the girl alone which I would not do in any country and questions should be asked to ensure the safety of that girl but the law is flawed when you are guilty until proven innocent'

post-1-0-50457000-1435660273_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

We are all old enough to know that the law is an ASS and even more so in these particular Situations but we mus err on the side of caution.

JP :thumbsup:  :tiphat:

Ynot
Posted
Posted

He said the girl, reportedly his girlfriend, started living at his house last April and took care of him by giving him his maintenance medicine.

Nowhere in the article does it say he was having any kind of physical relationship with the girl.  By these standards you could not be a bedridden cripple with a 17 year old caregiver giving you medicine.  Contrary to popular belief, many very old men do not have physical relations with their young girlfriends.  MANY older guys of my acquaintance admit that they cannot do it any more and just like the companionship of the younger lady.  So how is that abuse?  Notice there were no sexual aids of any kind found on the premises and the parents of the girl were present at all times.  Who is going to abuse a girl while her parents watch?  How f***ed up do people think we foreigners are?

as you can see i prefer not to jump to conclusions until all the evidence is firm, mind you the pic where he talks about his sweet honey wife does look a little incriminating, not conclusive until the girl confirms that he did treat her as wife and there are witnesses.  But it would have been more sensible had he never shared a house with her, particularly after what people have said you can be in trouble just being left alone with someone under 18.  It appears you leave yourself open to accusations and manipulation if that is what the person is about.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
ut it would have been more sensible had he never shared a house with her

Lets consider the scenario where the guy is an old fool, infatuated by a young, lovely girl, and he wants to do the right thing.  She is saying she wants to marry him.  Family says its a good scenario for all.  He wants to take care of his future inlaws.  He is not touching the girl intimately but probably gives her a cuddle while waiting for her 18th birthday to marry her and make the arrangement legal..  This happens quite a bit and the old fellows feel good about themselves, rightly or wrongly.

Now you are suggesting he sends her and the family back to a squatters shack instead of inviting them in to live with him?  In the real world that does not happen often and when it does then I strongly suspect the guy had his way and sent them all packing.  If he sent them off to live in the squatters area then they would have grabbed the next available foreigner who would give them a nice place to stay.

Why do old guys go for the 17 year olds when they are not sleeping with them?  Because if they wait until the girls are older then they have already been snatched up by someone else (if they are desirable).  Pretty girls do not stay single here for long.  With regards to the girl discussed in this thread, notice she already had a long list of foreigners she was chatting up on FaceBook in case this one did not work out.  This is just a personal observation from some of the older guys I know who spend their time with younger ladies.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Pretty girls do not stay single here for long.
Corect.

First they are single,

then they are not single,

then they are SINGLE mothers :mocking:   :bash:   in many cases...

(Except some who are very determend to get out of powerty by hard WORK. Even with Filipino salarier it's possible to save and invest to get a much higher living standard than they had when they grew up IF they don't have to many to support. E g one Filipina grew up at a 2 hektare farm. Half of the sibblings including her moved to Manila to work. Although they send home money to the other half and parents, she allready at 26 years of age had managed to save to buy same size as the family farm but BETTER land (irrigated). She went on working in Manila while the stay home sibblings handle it.)

• Like 1