Foreigners.....that Filipina With You Underage? Off To Jail You Go.

stevepeters
Posted
Posted

funny, I was reading about visitation rights of my daughter & came accross this message:

I would think the guy is Filipino;)

----------------------------------

Anonymous said...

Hi Atty
My daughter is 16 yrs old, in 1st yr college when i found out she's 5 months pregnant. My husband and I don't advise her to marry the guy who's is 27 yrs. My questions are:
1. Can I sue the guy? What could be a valid case?
2. Can my husband and I adopt my daughter's child at birth? Do I need the guy's consent if I do that?
Thanks. Baby.

ATT replied:

[1] The Family Code prohibits marriage for anyone below 18 years of age even with parental consent. Besides, your daughter is too young and too immature to get married even when she reaches 18.

[2] As to filing a case against the guy, please read my RA 9262 “Anti-Violence Against Women and Their Children Act of 2004” posts (look for the links in the sidebar). The law applies to girlfriend/boyfriend as in the case of your daughter and the guy who got her pregnant. There are also applicable provisions under the Revised Penal Code. The problem is if your daughter will not cooperate in filing the case or refuses to testify against the man.

------------------------------------------

I doubt this guy got in trouble... 1 rule for filipino and 1 for the foreigner;) be careful out there...

i am bob
Posted
Posted

On the contrary, this law - as all laws -are for everybody

It should be but read this and I can see where people get the wrong Idea.

http://www.mb.com.ph/pedophiles-arrest-spurs-calls-for-death-penalty/

Bad all round I think but could it ever happen?

JP :tiphat:

Edited to input link properly.

Ah! I finally got to read the news article! Hehe!

Yes, I've run across this "wise" politician in my research before... Anything he can do to stir the pot and get free advertising before an election and he's right in there! Do I think it would ever come to pass? Considering most of his fellow congressmen treat him as a pain in the 7th planet (Uranus), I doubt it... At least not if it's submitted by by him...

i am bob
Posted
Posted

funny, I was reading about visitation rights of my daughter & came accross this message:

I would think the guy is Filipino;)

----------------------------------

Anonymous said...

Hi Atty

My daughter is 16 yrs old, in 1st yr college when i found out she's 5 months pregnant. My husband and I don't advise her to marry the guy who's is 27 yrs. My questions are:

1. Can I sue the guy? What could be a valid case?

2. Can my husband and I adopt my daughter's child at birth? Do I need the guy's consent if I do that?

Thanks. Baby.

ATT replied:

[1] The Family Code prohibits marriage for anyone below 18 years of age even with parental consent. Besides, your daughter is too young and too immature to get married even when she reaches 18.

[2] As to filing a case against the guy, please read my RA 9262 “Anti-Violence Against Women and Their Children Act of 2004” posts (look for the links in the sidebar). The law applies to girlfriend/boyfriend as in the case of your daughter and the guy who got her pregnant. There are also applicable provisions under the Revised Penal Code. The problem is if your daughter will not cooperate in filing the case or refuses to testify against the man.

------------------------------------------

I doubt this guy got in trouble... 1 rule for filipino and 1 for the foreigner;) be careful out there...

Once again you're just putting out incorrect statements. Even though it is never mentioned in the article you copied, I am going to suggest that all parties are Filipino... Simple because this is dealing with a Filipino situation and nothing about any other nationalities was mentioned. Did the article say the guy was breaking the law? Yes it does. Did it day he would be punished if the parents so desired? Yes, it does. But it also states that the person who has to testify that the guy was the father is the daughter of the person asking the question. It would be the same if you, a foreigner, was in that situation. So, no! It's not one law for us and one for them, it's one law for everybody.

stevepeters
Posted
Posted

Yes, I've run across this "wise" politician in my research before... Anything he can do to stir the pot and get free advertising before an election and he's right in there! Do I think it would ever come to pass? Considering most of his fellow congressmen treat him as a pain in the 7th planet (Uranus), I doubt it... At least not if it's submitted by by him...

again, no mention of filipinos lol... its the foreigners fault.... I have heard many stories about Filipino moms molesting their child, will they get death penalty also?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
These guys would most likely not even think about an underage girl in the home country, so why do it in PH?

That's a good question and the answer is:  In their home country the young girls do not come up to them with stars in their eyes, telling them they are handsome and look so young and loving, and then jumping into their arms and giving them a hug and a kiss.  In many cases, the guys just don't know how to say 'No' to that.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

again, no mention of filipinos lol... its the foreigners fault.... I have heard many stories about Filipino moms molesting their child, will they get death penalty also?

Go and pull up some other newspaper reports, or television news or anything else that is reporting on what this guy is pushing... The law he keeps proposing is for everybody. He uses foreigners to work up his constituents because he knows there is very little we can do to defend ourselves against him. But like I said a minute ago - the law he was proposing is for everyone! And, incidentally, once he doesn't need press or air time, he kind of drops the idea until he needs to stir up the masses again.

• Like 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
the law he was proposing is for

Not sure I'm in favor of the death penalty for any crime, even for an 80 year old. 

• 2 weeks later...
northtoalaska
Posted
Posted

So, the last time I was in Cebu I went to one of the fast food places in Ayala Mall. Sitting in a booth next to me was an elderly fellow and a young girl. Without meaning to I caught bits of their conversation and clearly this was a budding relationship. He seemed interested in clarifying some aspect of their relationship and she seemed mostly interested in eating, her phone, and, perhaps confused either do to her English Language skills or do to her age.

It was the latter of those two that really drew my attention to them in the first place. As we all know its very common to see older Kanos walking about places like Ayala with much younger gals. This gal was young, could have been anywhere between the age of 17 to 20—I don't think younger, but I find it hard to judge ages of many Filipinas.

I thought about talking to one of the security guards. If she wasn't 18 it would have been the correct thing to do. If she was 18, in theory, after having been questioned by the authorities, that would have been the end of it. I finally decided to do nothing as upon more observation I thought it more likely than not she was of age. Still I wonder if I did the right thing.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

So, the last time I was in Cebu I went to one of the fast food places in Ayala Mall. Sitting in a booth next to me was an elderly fellow and a young girl. Without meaning to I caught bits of their conversation and clearly this was a budding relationship. He seemed interested in clarifying some aspect of their relationship and she seemed mostly interested in eating, her phone, and, perhaps confused either do to her English Language skills or do to her age.

It was the latter of those two that really drew my attention to them in the first place. As we all know its very common to see older Kanos walking about places like Ayala with much younger gals. This gal was young, could have been anywhere between the age of 17 to 20—I don't think younger, but I find it hard to judge ages of many Filipinas.

I thought about talking to one of the security guards. If she wasn't 18 it would have been the correct thing to do. If she was 18, in theory, after having been questioned by the authorities, that would have been the end of it. I finally decided to do nothing as upon more observation I thought it more likely than not she was of age. Still I wonder if I did the right thing.

Yep sometimes it`s difficult to know what to do for the best.

Thomas
Posted
Posted
This gal was young, could have been anywhere between the age of 17 to 20—I don't think younger, but I find it hard to judge ages of many Filipinas.
It's very hard to judge ages.

It's extra hard for us foreigners, because of we can be fooled by the short LENGTH of many Filipinas. Some of us aren't used to NORMAL grown ups can be 135 cm tall  :)

Plus there are huge differences of age look because of GENES.

(E g one I know passed as over 20, back when she was only 13 !  While one of my sisters was asked by ticket seller if she was 12 (to get cheaper child ticket). Then she was 22 and mother to two kids   :hystery:

Extra hard to judge WOMEN, because they can look very different because of MAKE UP. 

(A Filipina ex gf of mine looked as 11 DIFFERENT women depending of makeup, clothes and mood  :mocking:   including looking some different in age.)