Withdrawing Stirling From Pi Atm's?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

No matter where you are and what service you use, in the Philippines you are going to be VERY VERY lucky to get pounds Sterling.

In 5 years I have only ever had 1 bank that could and that was 100 Pound and that was only because a Brit Guy had Just changed.

It don't matter what you send yourself it will be US Dollars pr Peso you can draw.

Just an addition, PNB will Order you some  3 weeks delivery and about 1.5% on the Hundred Commission.

Added some text as my wife just reminded me of Something :)

JP :tiphat:

Edited by Jack Peterson

virginprune
Posted
Posted (edited)

There are lots of remittance companies out there you can use to send yourself the cash

This is all good, but can the cash be in Stirling? Of in Canadian Dollars? Or is it only for Pesos and US$? I ask because the thread is about getting cash of a different currency.

Noted Dave Hounddriver thanks, time for my five eggs, I see where i am bob is going with this. I have checked out TransferWise Money Transfer and I am content with the service they have provided me with in the past and their exchange rate is good. I don't believe they can send money at the drop of a hat as i.a.b's favoured company does, however, for that service if I were desparate I guess I would be compelled to use an ATM and bite the bullet regards extra charges/lesser exchange rate. I will research opening a Bank Account in the PI's. to complete the circle.
You can open a Sterling account with BPI Europe, it is based in Earls Court, all done online. You then request them to open a peso account in the Philippines. You then can then set up a standing order with your own bank to pay into the sterling account and then transfer to peso account online. Takes about five minutes and gives you the best exchange rate. Check out their website for all details. This of course, is only relevant if you will be moving here permanently. Edited by virginprune
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

You know we are doing well on this and I am sure the OP has got sound advice on many things But the Topic is about getting Sterling from a PI ATM & it is just not going to happen

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Yes, I must admit, I forgot the currency request. My bad... And, for everyone who said it would never happen, yup! You're right!

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Yes on pristine bills.  I came over here and one of my $50's had a small tear in it.  I got it from a US ATM and it would have been no problem spending it in the US.  No one would exchange it - not even a bank here.  I ended up mailing to my US bank as a deposit.   They say don't mail cash but it was serving no purpose here...  

But I got a p20 note that was nearly see through, it was so worn, and it was ripped almost in half... not a problem spending that one?   :tiphat:

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Just read where you can't even withdraw Euros from any bank in Greece

• Like 1

There's-a-chance.
Posted
Posted

Thanks every one for your imput. I have found out what I needed to know.

This topic has just about been 'done-to-death'...........what happens now do I need to ask for the topic to be closed or does it remain here gathering dust?

Thanks all once again.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
does it remain here gathering dust?

Yep.

Once a thread is started it takes on a life of its own.  The idea being that it will help all future people who know how to use a search button.   :hystery:

• Like 2

There's-a-chance.
Posted
Posted

Yep.

Once a thread is started it takes on a life of its own.  The idea being that it will help all future people who know how to use a search button.   :hystery:

Yep.

Thanks for that DHd.......I'll check the topic from time to time and dash round with a duster if required.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
There's-a-chance.
Posted
Posted

I shall be arriving with my duster in Manila on the 23rd to give this post a spruce up. ..............and if after Philippine Airlines have striped me for excess baggage charges on my domestic flight to Tuguegarao, should I have any US Dollars left what rate should I be looking at to convert please?  

• Like 1