13A Police Clearance Question

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Sorry guys I know that is on here somewhere but I cannot find it. A good friend of mine from Pampanga (Manila) wants to get a 13A. He keeps getting told in the bi in Manila that he needs police clearance I have said no you don`t but that`s what they tell him and he is not thick but he can only go on what he is told. So could the American expats maybe clear this up. Many thanks in advance.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

So could the American expats maybe clear this up. Many thanks in advance.

Let a UK member who has just done it tell you If you have been here under 6 months you need a police Clearance from you own Country or from the last country you lived in + an NBI Clearance no older that 3 months old at your active address here

If you have been here over 6 months Just an NBI Clearance no older than 3 months.+ Your Latest BI Clearance

JP :thumbsup:

BTW should you go on a Visa Run it all Starts again you become again in the 6 month Rule.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

What Jack said,,,just got mine not to long ago,,he is spot on

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Well that`s what I thought so I will now confirm it to him see you wednesday Jack.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Well that`s what I thought so I will now confirm it to him see you wednesday Jack.

post-2148-0-34762500-1436064026_thumb.pn

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
GregZ
Posted
Posted

So could the American expats maybe clear this up. Many thanks in advance.

Let a UK member who has just done it tell you If you have been here under 6 months you need a police Clearance from you own Country or from the last country you lived in + an NBI Clearance no older that 3 months old at your active address here

If you have been here over 6 months Just an NBI Clearance no older than 3 months.+ Your Latest BI Clearance

JP :thumbsup:

BTW should you go on a Visa Run it all Starts again you become again in the 6 month Rule.

What if you are here balikbayan over 6 months?  Just the NBI Clearance? Or must you convert to a tourist visa to get a BI Clearance Certificate?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
What if you are here balikbayan over 6 months

Greg, when I got my initial clearance for my 13a, I was on my balikbayan visa at the time,,,no problems at all

• Like 1

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

I did not need one for my 13A

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

What if you are here balikbayan over 6 months?  Just the NBI Clearance? Or must you convert to a tourist visa to get a BI Clearance Certificate?

From the horse's mouth

No need for a police clearance, but you need to secure an NBI clearance as a requirement for a 13A visa category

post-1-0-69870400-1453079095_thumb.jpg

• Like 3