Building My Sea Wall Part 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Where is the wall located?  I would like to see if I can spot it with Google Earth.  

• Like 1

Mike In Canada
Posted
Posted

Where is the wall located?  I would like to see if I can spot it with Google Earth.  

This is the location:

https://www.google.ca/maps/@17.1500289,120.4302349,199m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

You can see that I have built the sea wall and about 1600 feet of stone walls, also the private road leading into my property.

It is in Santa Lucia Ilocos Sur 

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

WOW,

• 1 year later...
bigpearl
Posted
Posted

Hi Mike, readers.

I know this is an old topic and my first post though I joined 3 or 4 years ago. My bad as I have been tied up on another expat site and busy like all others. Firstly congratulations on a mammoth and what looks like a very successful project.

A little about us, live in Australia, have lived and worked on and off over the last 6 years in PH. Both still working and living in Oz but I am looking at retiring in San Juan La Union area in about 2 years, partner will find work here,,,,,,,,,, eventually I suppose, lol. We have been back for a few weeks and have been looking at beach front property (yet again, frustrating at times), one property we are interested in is in Bocnotan and has no sea wall, other properties there do while others don't, not sure why but I suppose we will eventually ask the locals. The property has a 30 Metre frontage, about 100ft. My question to you Mike is, Do you have an estimate of cost per L/Metre or L/Foot? I would think it could depend on how deep you have to go before you hit bedrock but you may enlighten us with regards to that, also as you have built perimeter fencing, the costs for that as well, just looking at budgets to look at overall costs.

Hope you or other readers can help with this, thanks for your time.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 1

Mike In Canada
Posted
Posted
On 3/17/2017 at 9:09 PM, bigpearl said:

Hi Mike, readers.

I know this is an old topic and my first post though I joined 3 or 4 years ago. My bad as I have been tied up on another expat site and busy like all others. Firstly congratulations on a mammoth and what looks like a very successful project.

A little about us, live in Australia, have lived and worked on and off over the last 6 years in PH. Both still working and living in Oz but I am looking at retiring in San Juan La Union area in about 2 years, partner will find work here,,,,,,,,,, eventually I suppose, lol. We have been back for a few weeks and have been looking at beach front property (yet again, frustrating at times), one property we are interested in is in Bocnotan and has no sea wall, other properties there do while others don't, not sure why but I suppose we will eventually ask the locals. The property has a 30 Metre frontage, about 100ft. My question to you Mike is, Do you have an estimate of cost per L/Metre or L/Foot? I would think it could depend on how deep you have to go before you hit bedrock but you may enlighten us with regards to that, also as you have built perimeter fencing, the costs for that as well, just looking at budgets to look at overall costs.

Hope you or other readers can help with this, thanks for your time.

Cheers, Steve.

I cannot remember the exact cost on just the sea wall but there is a breakdown on pricing on part 2 or part 3 of building a sea wall.

I can say I purchased all the materials, and paid labour per day of about 300 pesos per worker. It was not to expensive to build and they did a great job. Since then I have filled the entire property with 1600 loads of soil to the top of all the walls and then extended the walls another 6 feet above the soil. Ill try to load more photos later in the week.

I just had a first batch of drawings done for the house as I plan on retiring in 2 years so might start the build in a year.

• Like 2