Visa Requirements- Usa Immigration

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Thanks everyone, what a complicated process.

Richie, I have not gone through the exact process that you have, only the 13A visa process.

Members have given you a lot of good advice, web pages, resources and personal experiences, I will just add this. Anything, any of us might have gone through before might (and probably has) changed by now. The bureaucracy here in the Philippines and in the States is alive and well and changing requirements. So I strongly suggest you dig into the sources that have been given and do some serious research. Remember none of us are immigration attorneys (even though Jake plays one on TV :mocking: ) and if our advice is slightly off or out of date, we are not going to be the ones caught flatfooted, and out a bunch of cash. Research and preparation is the key to beat any government lolol.

Good luck and best wishes :cheersty:

Avoid at all costs any attorney or consultant or agency, all can be done by you and the wife. The main complication is a series of visits to BI Home Office, Intramuros, the process cannot be done at a sub branch.

Chris, he is getting a CR-1 spouse visa so his new wife can return to the USA with him. There is no need to visit the Philippines Bureau of Immigration for that. This thread has become confused because early on someone assumed he wanted a Philippines 13A visa so he could stay in the Philippines.

chris49
Posted
Posted

Doubly confusing, yes ok.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Posted 15 July 2015 - 05:05 PM Hey all, I'm here in the Philippines and got married a couple weeks ago! I've been here over 3 months now. I want to start the visa process soon but have done concerns. #1 - Regarding financial support, does anyone know what I have to do to pass on this? How much do I need to earn, etc? #2 - Would it help me to have my family write a letter or something? How do I prove I've been living here? Will my passport be enough? I read it is much easier to get through this if I've been living here for 6 months. I've only got a couple more to go. Thanks! You all have helped me much in the past! I'm here in Batangas if anyone ever wants to get coffee.

It got Confused by me? and if you read the OP original post you will see why

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

Sure Jack, but we drew out some quite good info there, both scenario's.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Sure Jack, but we drew out some quite good info there, both scenario's.

post-2148-0-14784700-1437102508.jpg Oh Yes! didn't we just.

JP :tiphat:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

pompus.png Like most here, I am just an ordinary member but sometimes it helps if we can all, try and be not so much Exact about what we write but be clear on things we are asking. Confusion sometimes can lead to little spats that many of the longer standing members can relate/understand as we tend to know what the poster means as we have been together some time and we can judge the Moods.. I don't mean to step on any staffs toes but I just feel that at times, Unclear postings can lead the wrong way, so newbies really do need to think about the whole picture if we are to give the answers they are wanting. 

We know that sometimes the same questions come up and of course will be answered but again, it is they way that they are put that at times can draw mixed replies but we are not mind readers so please guys and gals lets have a little  more thought to the Questions asked.

Sorry JGF but this is me today post-2148-0-23662900-1437103554_thumb.jp Serious hat on.

JP :thumbsup:

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

Sure Jack but on both sides of the coin mate.

I was actually wondering why a younger guy was going for the 13 A, but like you I just fell into it.

As I see no harm done.

Next topic please. :tiphat:

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I was also confused but not dazed. That was why I asked the OP to clarify the type of visa and from which country it was needed.

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Now that that's settled...........

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

My bad guys for not being clear.

• Like 1