Visa Requirements- Usa Immigration

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 7/26/2015 at 11:00 PM, earthdome said:

Getting the CFO training is done on a first come first served basis. So people start lining up outside at 4 or 5 AM. I recommend getting in line no later than 6AM. We arrived on an overnight bus and got there before 6AM. While my wife kept our place in line I went across the street to Jollibee to bring back coffee and breakfast. Later I saw someone for Jollibee taking orders from those in line.

Sounds like you are off to a good start.

Dredging up this old post after I searched "Seminar".  A couple of questions.

1.  We want to get my wife a new passport with her new married name.  It appears that we need the seminar even though we are not leaving the country.  Thoughts?

2.  It appears that they have an online appointment system now so the 6 am lineup may be a thing of the past.  Has anyone experienced the new system?

Thanks!

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Has anyone experienced the new system?

Yes. We did it a little over a year ago.  They only offered it in Manila & Cebu. Seems oddly inconvenient for such a large country...  The appointment was made online, so no waiting in line.  Biggest problem we had was the people running it had their own, unpublished, list of requirements. I was not allowed to even enter the building, so I went to the mall for lunch. They told my wife she could not go since she did not bring a copy of my divorce papers.  She stood up to them and said that she already showed the divorce papers to the court - or we would not have been allowed to get married. Also, she said that on the published list of requirements it was not a required document, and showed them a copy of the web page with the posted requirements.  She said they grudgingly decided to 'allow to attend'. I suspect she was supposed to offer money... they should have let me in, I pay off quickly ha ha.

From what she told me, the entire seminar seemed to be a waste of time, and was an excuse for the lecturers to abuse the clients.  But without it she could not get her new passport. We were also not going back to the US, just doing a name change. :tiphat: 

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

so I went to the mall for lunch.

Is there a mall close by?  :biggrin:

We made an appointment for April 4.  There is no way to select if you want AM or PM.  We would have preferred AM but we got PM.

Edited by OnMyWay

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Ayala is not *too* far away.  (we went to Cebu)

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Is there a mall close by?  :biggrin:

We made an appointment for April 4.  There is no way to select if you want AM or PM.  We would have preferred AM but we got PM.

Yes you need the CFO in order to do the passport name change. We had to do the same.

I don't recall a mall close by. There was a Jollibee close by. But it isn't that far from Roxas Blvd. and you could grab a taxi and shoot down to MOA.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Does anyone have a total of how many 'original' and photocopy Marriage licenses (for a US and a Philippine Citizen couple) are needed to complete updates to the following records and applications... for the US Side - VA disability compensation and SSA adding spouse beneficiary, filing DCF for CR-1 Visa, and for the PI side - her name change (legal, driver's license, and passport), anything I have forgotten?

• 8 months later...
J.T.1
Posted
Posted

I see this is going to take some time and it looks like I have to live there for a few months.

• Like 1