Subscription Renewal Strategy

bows00
Posted
Posted

I have been a member of Filipinocupid.com for the past 4 years, and I wanted to take this opportunity to share an observation I've had based on my experience so far... 

Particularly when it comes to your ability to connect with other Filipinas, I have noticed that the number of emails and interests I receive always doubles - no quadruple's when my subscription expires.  Yeah, once expired, I receive numerous notifications and emails from Filipinas interested in me - and once I renew and pay for my subscription (normally for the next three months), the notifications and interests by Filipinas go waaaayyyyyy down...

I am guessing this website is designed to aggressively send out contacts during periods when you are in a position to dish out your money, for renewal purposes... so this got me thinking...

To maximize the number of contacts I get, I should renew on a monthly basis... vice every 3 months...hmmm

Just something to think about...

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I think they bait you perhaps with false contacts to get you to pay more. Just my opinion  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
I should renew on a monthly basis... vice every 3 months...hmmm

Love to help you out bows and run a test for you, but since my wife sometimes uses the computer, and I want to keep my Jimmies intact. Sorry brother, your on your own :nudie:  :cheersty:

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Back when I used to check out those kinds of sites I noted the same thing.  I agree with JGF that the sudden influx of contacts are just bait.

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I have been a member of Filipinocupid.com for the past 4 years, and I wanted to take this opportunity to share an observation I've had based on my experience so far... 

Particularly when it comes to your ability to connect with other Filipinas, I have noticed that the number of emails and interests I receive always doubles - no quadruple's when my subscription expires.  Yeah, once expired, I receive numerous notifications and emails from Filipinas interested in me - and once I renew and pay for my subscription (normally for the next three months), the notifications and interests by Filipinas go waaaayyyyyy down...

I am guessing this website is designed to aggressively send out contacts during periods when you are in a position to dish out your money, for renewal purposes... so this got me thinking...

To maximize the number of contacts I get, I should renew on a monthly basis... vice every 3 months...hmmm

Just something to think about...

I suggest trying Dateinasia, it is completely free. You can set your searches for just the Philippines, or if you wish, for a certain area. The pay sites are just a scam, you will get scammers here as well but at least you don't have to pay for the privilege.

I met my gf on there about 2 years ago and now I am here and never been happier, so not all scammers, just sort the wheat from the chaff. Good luck!

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Filipinocupid.com
Around 15 years ago I made a research for a book about different methods to find partners, and I did a follow up to look for changes just of curiosity some years ago.

NOT sure I remember corect, but I BELIEVE Filipinocupid was among the SOME shady websites, several datingsites having same owner. But they weren't among the worst I found.

I suggest trying Dateinasia, it is completely free.
Yes. Concerning DateinAsia I DIDN'T found any shady concerning the OWNERS, only some scammer USERS, which I asume all datingsites have. Actualy the proportions of scammers I found were LESS in DateinAsia than in several paying sites.

Just a theory:  More scammers operates in datingsites where the men pay, the scammers asuming these men have more money to be scammed of   :)

But according the many Filipina FRIENDS I got back then, DateinAsia is WORSE for the WOMEN, because a big part of the men, which CLAIM to look for a serious relation, just want a sexvacation or want the serious looking women to show their boobs when they chat in webcam...  :bash:        Many of the Filipinas looking for a serious relation in DateinAsia got very frustrated and even wondered if there aren't any serious men there.

BUT that make DateinAsia BETTER for the SERIOUS men, because the bad ones make it EASY to be found good in comparing with them  :mocking:

• Like 1

Ynot
Posted
Posted

I agree with most of what has been said, the level of interest in you rises as your next bill is due, but why pay for a dating site when Datinginasia (DIA) is free. The only thing you need to be aware of are the scammers, you know the story, the baby is sick, a relative died, the tractor broke down, the buffalo died, no money to send the children to school, etc, etc etc,  But amongst those scammer are some honest people who are not interested in your wallet but more interested in friendship. I actually met a few ladies who some years ago, and although I never got to first base with one of them, we remained friends as she was easy to talk to and we enjoyed each others company so we would catch up for a meal when ever i was in town. Whilst the other one, I did get to first base but after a year we broke up but remained friends, and when ever I was in town we would catch up.  She actually paid for my last meal, shouted me a massage and a reputable spa and gave me a bottle of wine.   So you can meet some good people on these sites, but you must be able to sort the wheat from the chaff.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Have you considered just using Facebook?  Get one good girl to add you as a  friend, add her friends as your friends, add their friends.  They will love it and you will be meeting people who are not active on dating sites but would love to chat with a foreigner.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

Never needed a web site to find someone. when i 1st came here, it was boots on the ground. NO ONE

slowly over a few weeks I found that someone...

just look around, market? store? salesladies? the little booths selling XXXXX stuff? your bound to meet a quality person.

Edited by Call me bubba
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

So true, Sir Bubba! I just have to go to my local sari sari store for morning coffee and I can spend hours saying Maayong Buntag to all the lovely young single ladies... Add a smile and they will stay and chat for a while... Buy them a coffee or juice and you're gold... Obviously I don't buy them anything or my girlfriend would kill me!!!

:D