Residency In Australia

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

For any of my Digger friends (couldn't find a better category to post this in)

I have a niece who is working (nurse naturally) in Australia. Her father is an official with the Philippine Foreign office (DFA). They are kicking around that once he retires they might move to Aussieland to be with the daughter.

Question: There is a rumor floating about that a child cannot petition family members for residency there once the petitionee reaches a certain age (I think 55 is what they are saying). In other words they don't want old codgers like us there :hystery: , cant say I blame them either.

Any of you guys heard anything like this? :cheersty:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

For any of my Digger friends (couldn't find a better category to post this in)

I have a niece who is working (nurse naturally) in Australia. Her father is an official with the Philippine Foreign office (DFA). They are kicking around that once he retires they might move to Aussieland to be with the daughter.

Question: There is a rumor floating about that a child cannot petition family members for residency there once the petitionee reaches a certain age (I think 55 is what they are saying). In other words they don't want old codgers like us there :hystery: , cant say I blame them either.

Any of you guys heard anything like this? :cheersty:

Can't speak for OZ but yes it is a maximum of 55 in the UK

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Brin/Fami/Capping-and-queuing

Some information here.

My personal information is that category is going to be severely restricted. Australia recruits skilled

workers, but is not so generous as to allow the "Family Reunion" category.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

If it is anything like the barriers they have put up concerning pension eligibility, then it is more likely true.