Any 13-A Visa Benefits For Foreigners ?

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Full time employment being one of them.

I dont think that is correct. I think you will find it says the sponsor must be able to prove that they can support 125% above the poverty line. So if he has money or other means then I doubt that employment is a requirement. What if he won the lotto, would he have to go back to work?  :)

attachicon.gifsponsor.jpg

Yes you are correct but full time employment is considerably easier. In fact to prove the fiscal responsibility there is an additional filing of form I-864, with some fairly strict conditions attached. As it applies to people over 60 living or working outside the USA, the individual above 60 has difficulty with the conditions because unless they can show the cash, they are instructed to return to the USA and find employment.  A younger person (as it again applied when I was in Saudi Arabia) could simply go back and find a job or even get a work contract in the USA while still overseas. Above 60 has difficulty and I saw cases rejected because of that.

A rich person has no such difficulty. 

You don't have to show employment. You have to show income or sufficient assets. The income could be from your pension or SS. Your assets could be the house you own and your 401k. 125% of the poverty level is a bit less than $20k USD per year. Not really that much income. For total assets as I recall it is around $250k USD. Many people own homes which cost more.