Storm On The Way(Maybe)

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

I grew up at the end of the tornado area of the midwest. It was unusual to see tornados, although some of the worst hit Xenia and Columbus and Northwest Ohio.  When they get to hills they go back into the storm or bounce along the hilltops, we would get debri from storms in the Columbus area, papers, bits of insulation, photos the storm that leveled Xenia dropped things like that in Buffalo NY. In the areas where tornados are prevalent here most home have shelters or save places in their basements so while the devastation may look horrific loss of life is rare. 

It's best not to live in Kansas (unless you have red shoes)   

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

tornado struck several villages in Pikit, North Cotabato on Thursday.

Never thought a tornado would make its tracks here in the Phils!! I always thought they were a N. America thing... WHOAH!!

Afew years ago there was a tornado in the uk only a small one but it was there.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I grew up at the end of the tornado area of the midwest. It was unusual to see tornados, although some of the worst hit Xenia and Columbus and Northwest Ohio.  When they get to hills they go back into the storm or bounce along the hilltops, we would get debri from storms in the Columbus area, papers, bits of insulation, photos the storm that leveled Xenia dropped things like that in Buffalo NY. In the areas where tornados are prevalent here most home have shelters or save places in their basements so while the devastation may look horrific loss of life is rare. 

It's best not to live in Kansas (unless you have red shoes)   

You must also have stripped socks  stop giving half the story haha

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

tornado struck several villages in Pikit, North Cotabato on Thursday.

Never thought a tornado would make its tracks here in the Phils!! I always thought they were a N. America thing... WHOAH!!

Afew years ago there was a tornado in the uk only a small one but it was there.

And a earthquake too, My god are we safe here anymore

• Like 2