Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, jman said:

i5 years jolly

You travel a lot I guess? 

bows00
Posted
Posted

Last time I checked, the price for a helper was around $60/month.  Is that still the going rate?

Clermont
Posted
Posted

The wife said a domestic maid in Manila is around 4000 pesos a month + lodging and food. In the province the rate drops to 3000 Pesos  for ugly fat old ones, :hystery:. No pretty ones allowed. Also she said it is wise to get a police check done on them, no need for agencies. :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

If you are concerned about the legality of hiring house help, pay one of the agencies that provides those services.  They pay the employee and you pay the agency.  Another advantage is you do not have to terminate the employee if you find they are not suitable, just request the agency send someone else.  You would pay more so you will want to weigh the benefits against the increased cost.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, jman said:

as an expat you are legally in most cases not allowed to employ anyone

Funny they have a visa for an expat who employs 10 people then :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

More info here

• Like 1

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted

Where is it stated that it is forbidden for foreigners to employ people?

• Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dr. Shiva said:

Where is it stated that it is forbidden for foreigners to employ people?

You're in the right forum to find the answers to your question, this is what it's about. Many apost and links are associated to this topic, read on and good luck. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 12/5/2017 at 12:31 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

I assume you are answering my post as you are not quoting who you are answering? Can you please quote what you are answering to ?  I see you are in Manila, how long have you been there to help understand your knowledge of the Philippines? 

What is thisl the Spanish inquisition?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 12/5/2017 at 6:32 AM, Clermont said:

The wife said a domestic maid in Manila is around 4000 pesos a month + lodging and food. In the province the rate drops to 3000 Pesos  for ugly fat old ones, :hystery:. No pretty ones allowed. Also she said it is wise to get a police check done on them, no need for agencies. :thumbsup:

They have no sense of humour Clermont.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

They have no sense of humour Clermont.

:whistling: You are right Ron but they always have the last word on things and get it their way. As we know, anything we say after the last word is the Start on that new argument :hystery: When we look for new help I just look a "A's"  face while she interviews, the expression says it all.:wink:

• Like 3