I Need A Good Domestic Helper

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:whistling: You are right Ron but they always have the last word on things and get it their way. As we know, anything we say after the last word is the Start on that new argument :hystery: When we look for new help I just look a "A's"  face while she interviews, the expression says it all.:wink:

Apparently as a retiree in PH. I will be the chief cook and bottle washer, the gardener, the mechanic, the pool boy, the fixer of things, the accountant and finance manager, banker, laundry maid, sometimes doctor, wining and dining the barangay captain and all else that goes with a life in PH,,,,,,,, sounds exactly the same as OZ. With no pay! 

Considering paid help in the house for us is a no brainer unless you really need it, unless both are high flyers it becomes a waste of funds, and an intrusion into private life,though small the costs are. Only my opinion at this stage. As I get older who knows.

As others suggest, local info is the best, family first if available and agencies last.

Jack, most times they have the last say on things but for the real issues who is in control?

Wish the OP luck with searches and also info from this site.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, mogo51 said:

What is thisl the Spanish inquisition?

I had to google the meaning but still are not sure of your point? 

• Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bigpearl said:

Jack, most times they have the last say on things but for the real issues who is in control?

Them of course  and who are we to argue ( only the stupid ones of course) the longer one is here the more we learn  :wink: we think we are in some sort of Control but are we?

• Haha 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, mogo51 said:

They have no sense of humour Clermont.

Truer words have never been spoken, even when I tried to argue my case that I'm half blind, so a pretty one wouldn't interest me. :christmas_emoticons_187:

mogo51
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, bigpearl said:

most times they have the last say on things but for the real issues who is in control?

Me but I will hand over the day I die!!!

• Haha 1

jman
Posted
Posted

they make crap up and cos you sighned its cheaper paying them off. ii 30k in tis case instead of you going the hassle of seing lawyers and time sorting it out.. wife sighns they dont usually bother

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, jman said:

they make crap up and cos you sighned its cheaper paying them off. ii 30k in tis case instead of you going the hassle of seing lawyers and time sorting it out.. wife sighns they dont usually bother

Are you sure you are living in Manila and have been for 15 years ? 

• Like 1

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Them of course  and who are we to argue ( only the stupid ones of course) the longer one is here the more we learn  :wink: we think we are in some sort of Control but are we?

Yes we can be, as said educate early.

Cheers, Steve.

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, mogo51 said:

Me but I will hand over the day I die!!!

Ditto Ron.

Cheers, Steve.

jman
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Are you sure you are living in Manila and have been for 15 years ? 

i arrived 3 eeks ater tzunami as i rememer from phuket