T-Mobile Sms

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Hey everyone,

My cell service in the states is T-Mobile. I use the $30 5 gig, unlimited and, 100 minute talk plan. I have the sim card here with me but of course I doubt it will work here.

My problem is I am locked out of my Microsoft live account and it will only verify with a text message to my number! I know it is just a shot in the dark here but has anyone else dealt with an issue like this?

Thanks

forget_it
Posted
Posted

Depending on which phone you have, you can use "T-Mobile wifi-calling" and make calls and sms just like you were in the US. I do this with an iPhone. As long as you have wifi to connect to where you are, it works great. I make and receive txts and calls to the US and no one can tell I am in another country.

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Depending on which phone you have, you can use "T-Mobile wifi-calling" and make calls and sms just like you were in the US. I do this with an iPhone. As long as you have wifi to connect to where you are, it works great. I make and receive txts and calls to the US and no one can tell I am in another country.

Thanks, I think that depends on the plan you have? I'll give this a shot. [emoji1]

forget_it
Posted
Posted

I used to have the same plan as you. I'm on pay as you go now, but it still works the same. If you are on an iPhone, get your wifi going and you'll see Wifi calling at the top of your screen. After you see that, put your phone in airplane mode and then turn wifi on again. This stops your phone from trying to find a carrier that it will never find and saves your battery a lot. In a few minutes, Wifi Calling will re-appear at the top of your screen. Sorry, I don't know about any other phones.

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Wow, I have Android and know all about WiFi calling. I just never thought I'd be able to use it here! That is awesome! I can make my USA calls here now and do my USA text messages!

Now I need to sell my lg g3 and get a new phone with dual sim slots!

Thank you! Funny I disabled WiFi calling when I got here to the Philippines because my smart card kept didn't have it.

strap
Posted
Posted

We've got T-Mobile in the States. My wife was just over to the Philippines a couple weeks ago. Surprising to us, her T-Mobile number still worked when she got there. I looked at our account info on the T-Mobile website and sure enough our plan included free texting, (supposedly) free data, and $.20/min calls while in the Philippines. Texting and calls worked fine, but the data never did work as far as we could tell. I think it might just be slow 2G data anyway.

It may be dependent on what plan you have with T-Mobile, but our plan isn't anything special and we hadn't specifically asked for international service.

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I can use my cheap Samsung cell phone to call cell phones in the states. It just eats up a lot of minutes when I do.

I prefer Yahoo Messenger. No charge at all.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I might add that I still have my old Verizon cell phone. I have my relatives and friends numbers in it. When I go back every year, I just add it to my son's account for around $10 and I have his service. He pays his monthly fee just as an additional phone. We both had Verizon when I was back home.