Looking For A Cebuano Teacher

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

If you also use a book it can help you with counting  and simple words which will save you time when having a teacher

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
but how can I post here back when you dont want recommendations about teachers here?

You misunderstand, my friend.  Members in good standing are encouraged to recommend people they have good dealing with.  It is when there is a 'business' relationship that we don't want people promoting, advertising, or even blowing their own horn.

My point is that you are unlikely to find a member who has had a good enough experience with a Bisaya language teacher to make such a recommendation.  You may just be the first.  :tiphat:

• Like 1

Placebo
Posted
Posted

but how can I post here back when you dont want recommendations about teachers here?

You misunderstand, my friend.  Members in good standing are encouraged to recommend people they have good dealing with.  It is when there is a 'business' relationship that we don't want people promoting, advertising, or even blowing their own horn.

My point is that you are unlikely to find a member who has had a good enough experience with a Bisaya language teacher to make such a recommendation.  You may just be the first.  :tiphat:

Ok, got it!^^

If I will find a competent teacher, I will recommend him/her if there is some interest for it:)

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
it would be only 1 hour/week - but this 1hour has to be hold as competent as possible - i had here a great khmer teacher and he has provided lots of learning material... @payment: I dont know - should be not more than 10 bucks/hour, i guess.
I believe that's much more than enough   :)

I will ask. Not sure how fast(slow she will ask. Sometimes she isn't online in a week.

You can pay a test lesson, before you decide if you want to continue.

Get a gf > wife  

Would you teach a G/F or Wife to Drive?

Well. That's probably to dangerous in more than one way  :mocking: 

But I will try to teach her some business economics,

and she can teach me some cultural and language things.

Placebo
Posted
Posted

Thanks a lot, Thomas!

• 4 weeks later...
Placebo
Posted
Posted

Hey!

So as promised, I just wanna shortly give you a review about my Bisayan andTagalog teacher.

I can tell you that I have already some experiences with having private “language teachers” because I have been living about 3 years in PhnomPenh (Cambodia) and there I had 3 khmer teachers.

While truly spoken, the first one was in hindsight compared to the others just significant inferior and incompetent, the last 2 Khmer teachers have been pretty competent, longtime experienced and also had a high reputation along Expats in Cambodia...

So I would have been totally happy if I would get an equal teacher here, but for my surprise it can be even better and he is just a very next level teacher.

He is a real expert on the filed how to teaches languages and even has published an own book about this specific topic:

->

http://www.amazon.com/Simple-Secrets-Learning-English-Amazingly-ebook/dp/B00S96RR4O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440404454&sr=8-1&keywords=kenjie+suarez

It is just awesome and form me unbelievable (since usually Im not talanted wit learning foreing languages quickly, unfortunately:(   ) how quickly I make progress with him.

In addition to this, he also drills me on a daily basis with textmessages and pushes me to communicate in Bisayan with him regards to the recently learned new elements...

Also he is very professional, reliable, in time and a stand up, friendly guy.

Hence I for sure can fully recommend him as a teacher for anyone who wanna learn Bisayan, Tagalog or also improve his english skills (he is also teaching to many korean, chinese and japanese expats english)

Hope my review is helpful for some people here in the community!:)

Regards,

Placebo^^

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Hope my review is helpful for some people here in the community!

I'm sure it will be helpful for someone.  As mentioned before, we encourage members to share their experiences and even post contact info for hard-to-find business people PROVIDED the members are doing it with no personal financial gain.

Now for the problem.  Your link is to a site for a book that proposes to show "Simple Secrets to Learning English Amazingly Fast"

I just wanna shortly give you a review about my Bisayan andTagalog teacher.

So why is the link to a book about English if you are reviewing a Bisayan teacher?

• Like 1

Placebo
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hope my review is helpful for some people here in the community!

I'm sure it will be helpful for someone.  As mentioned before, we encourage members to share their experiences and even post contact info for hard-to-find business people PROVIDED the members are doing it with no personal financial gain.

Now for the problem.  Your link is to a site for a book that proposes to show "Simple Secrets to Learning English Amazingly Fast"

I just wanna shortly give you a review about my Bisayan andTagalog teacher.

So why is the link to a book about English if you are reviewing a Bisayan teacher?

Oh jeez, haha - I have already antcipated that the link might be maybe problematic, but then thought that its not about a book with a huge marketin behind, so thought that it will be clear that there is obviously no penny-financial ref-reasoning behind...

But yeah, feel free to delete the link.

To answer your question:

Because this unique methode in teaching foreign langauges applies universally.

So it obviouly applies not only to English but to all languages on this world, hence also to Bysaian.

Edited by Placebo
  • Like 1