Looking For A Cebuano Teacher

Placebo
Posted
Posted

Hi!

I would like to learn Cebuano and hence Im looking for a private teacher.

I also plan to learn later Tagalog and hence it would de great, if the teacher can teach both, Cebuano and Tagalog.

If anyone can recommend a competent teacher, then i would be very thankful on any information^^

Best Regards,

Placebo

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Google Omniglot they have some phrases on there, also wikitravel and Studyblue

Placebo
Posted
Posted

Ok, thank you very much but i would like to really learn the local language cause I will live in Cebu longterm.

Hence I would like to have a private teacher because in this way it is more effective.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Ok, thank you very much but i would like to really learn the local language cause I will live in Cebu longterm.

Hence I would like to have a private teacher because in this way it is more effective.

Well your can supplement your lessons with some home learning if you want.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I would like to have a private teacher because in this way it is more effective.

Many foreigners I know have tried to learn, with different teachers and varying degrees of success.  I know of no one who has progressed to the point where they are fluent. I know of many who complained of the cost of hiring private teachers. I know the forum does not permit private teachers to advertise here without paying for the ad :morning1: 

Thus it is unlikely anyone here will be able to recommend a good private Bisayan teacher.  If you do find a 'good private teacher' then I would surely like to see you post back here at some future time when you have become fluent in the language.  Note that most Cebuanos (the people) refer to the language they speak as Bisaya.  It is only when speaking English that people call the language Cebuano.  There ya go.  One free lesson.  :tiphat:

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
If anyone can recommend a competent teacher, then i would be very thankful on any information^^
Get a gf > wife   :)

Joke aside:  

I know a Filipina at high position localy in Cebu in TESDA  (=She travel and make tests in schools, so the teachers can't cheat and say their students are better than they realy are.)   I doubt she has time herself, but I guess she know of someone suiting. I can ask for you, if I know some more what level you want. We message each other around once a week anyway.

How much time per week do you want tutoring, and what are you prepared to pay?

Placebo
Posted
Posted

Well your can supplement your lessons with some home learning if you want.

It is from my experience still better with a private teacher.

I have tried to learn khmer at first on my own (home learning with books, youtube-courses, reelvant websites, apps...), but the most progress i could have made when I finally got a private khmer teacher.

Placebo
Posted
Posted

I would like to have a private teacher because in this way it is more effective.

Many foreigners I know have tried to learn, with different teachers and varying degrees of success.  I know of no one who has progressed to the point where they are fluent. I know of many who complained of the cost of hiring private teachers. I know the forum does not permit private teachers to advertise here without paying for the ad :morning1:

Thus it is unlikely anyone here will be able to recommend a good private Bisayan teacher.  If you do find a 'good private teacher' then I would surely like to see you post back here at some future time when you have become fluent in the language.  Note that most Cebuanos (the people) refer to the language they speak as Bisaya.  It is only when speaking English that people call the language Cebuano.  There ya go.  One free lesson.  :tiphat:

thanks a lot sir...

but how can I post here back when you dont want recommendations about teachers here?

I mean, if it is allowed, I can for sure come back here and give some reviews.

Placebo
Posted
Posted

Get a gf > wife   :)

Joke aside:  

I know a Filipina at high position localy in Cebu in TESDA  (=She travel and make tests in schools, so the teachers can't cheat and say their students are better than they realy are.)   I doubt she has time herself, but I guess she know of someone suiting. I can ask for you, if I know some more what level you want. We message each other around once a week anyway.

How much time per week do you want tutoring, and what are you prepared to pay?

I have only very little time and also do not expect to ever be able to speak fluent - it is just that i like learning new languages on the side and wanna show some respect to the locals.

So it would be only 1 hour/week - but this 1hour has to be hold as competent as possible  - i had here a great khmer teacher and he has provided lots of learning material...

@payment:

I dont know - should be not more than 10 bucks/hour, i guess.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Get a gf > wife    

Would you teach a G/F or Wife to Drive?

• Like 2