Best And Worst Places In Philippines

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

If you've seen one Chocolate Hill, you've seen them all.

I wonder if there are tours of earthquake damage in Bohol. 

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

I wonder if there are tours of earthquake damage in Bohol. 

If that was not so Tragic for some, it might be funny :no:

Bad Taste my Friend, Bad taste.

JP :unsure:

Did anyone want to unlike this now?

Edited to be a little Sarcastic

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

I was liking the "Chocolate Hills" comment.

• Like 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Exploiting human misery wasn't what I had in mind. The very old churches which were severely damaged would be appropriate for tourists. Shortly after the quake there was a story in a local newspaper with accompanying photo of a place in Bohol where the land had risen 3 meters, so there was a new 3 meter wall of rock and dirt which went on for several kilometers. I want to see that.

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Exploiting human misery wasn't what I had in mind. The very old churches which were severely damaged would be appropriate for tourists. Shortly after the quake there was a story with accompanying photo of a place in Bohol where the land had risen 3 meters, so there was a new 3 meter wall of rock and dirt which went on for several kilometers. I want to see that.

Then why not say that?

• Like 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Needed some gentle prodding, apparently.

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Chris

Now things have died down since my post this morning will answer your question

On the Chocolate Hills, you would have to explain to me what you saw, I saw a few hundred grassy mounds, that's all.

Having never seen the likes before I was curious to see them, might be better if you imagine a Aussie beach with lots of ladies lying down covered in chocolate :no: (actually they were green when I saw them)

Since our visit Bohol suffered a double blow within weeks of each other, I can understand not wanting to visit just after that.

Thought I would let members judge for themselves........ https://www.flickr.com/photos/52857915@N03/albums/72157657809019442

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Shortly after the quake there was a story in a local newspaper with accompanying photo of a place in Bohol where the land had risen 3 meters, so there was a new 3 meter wall of rock and dirt which went on for several kilometers. I want to see that.
Oh I hadn't heared of that. Where?

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Shortly after the quake there was a story in a local newspaper with accompanying photo of a place in Bohol where the land had risen 3 meters, so there was a new 3 meter wall of rock and dirt which went on for several kilometers. I want to see that.
Oh I hadn't heared of that. Where?

It's been so long I can't remember exactly where it was. It was on the main island someplace. I can't even recall if it was a Bohol  newspaper or a Cebu newspaper. The picture showed a Nipa hut balanced precariously on the wall. The accompanying article said no one had been killed at that location. Do the newspapers have archives available? It was at most a very few days after the quake on 10/13/2013.

Edited by Guy F.

davewe
Posted
Posted

Exploiting human misery wasn't what I had in mind. The very old churches which were severely damaged would be appropriate for tourists. Shortly after the quake there was a story in a local newspaper with accompanying photo of a place in Bohol where the land had risen 3 meters, so there was a new 3 meter wall of rock and dirt which went on for several kilometers. I want to see that.

When we were there last year and did a day tour, lots of damage was pointed out by the driver. Whether that is "appropriate" for tourists I don't know, but you couldn't avoid it.

As to the overall question, all tourist spots get old quickly. The view from the Empire State Building or of the Grand Canyon is spectacular but would be boring if seen daily. I liked the Chocolate Hills but seeing them once was plenty. I also like walking through powdery white sand, but after a couple times, it's easy to take for granted.

The great thing about the Philippines is not that there is one must see tourist site, but that there are 7000+ islands all of which have something fantastic to see.

• Like 5