Best And Worst Places In Philippines

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted (edited)

Worse place to visit SMOKEY MOUNTAIN. Best place from my experience is Pearl Farm Beach Resort on Samal Island.

I have no experience of ever visiting Smokey Mountain. Just rumors. 

Edited by Gratefuled
addition/correction
  • Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
On 6 March 2016 at 3:24 PM, robert k said:

You can't really hold that against them! I mean they convinced themselves that I looked like Kevin Costner when anyone who could see would know right away that I look like Sean Connery!:thumbsup:

Now that's funny and a coincidence. I got a similar comment when I got a haircut at Davids Salon from a female stylist. Once, just once, it was too expensive even with the compliment.

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 9/12/2016 at 7:16 AM, Gratefuled said:

Worse place to visit SMOKEY MOUNTAIN. Best place from my experience is Pearl Farm Beach Resort on Samal Island.

I have no experience of ever visiting Smokey Mountain. Just rumors. 

Wished we had chosen Pearl, instead we went to Blue Jazz which was the worst place ever been to. Total rip off and severely decayed, should be shut down.

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Off to a trip to La Union area in a few weeks, so will see much of the area talked about here.4

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, mogo51 said:

Off to a trip to La Union area in a few weeks, so will see much of the area talked about here.4

The place you don't want to go to is the best. And it's not actually in La Union.

La Union is big enough to also have a few decent size towns other than San Fernando. Agoo has a population of about 50,000.

Kindly update me or do so during our meeting. SF has all ammenties. But it also has one of the worst traffic patterns I have seen. The usual franchises are there all in close proximity middle of town.

The rest of La Union lacks facilities which might be sought out by a western ex pat. You would struggle to find even a place to have a simple cup of coffee or a few drinks.

Perhaps I am wrong, so I will wait to find out.

The other thing missing from La Union is a decent budget hotel selection. I was offered rooms for 2k and up which would be 1200 or below even in Metro Manila. 24 hour stay vs a chintzy overnight stay in SF.

• 2 months later...
Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted

One of my favorite place is Siquijor if wanting to stay in a quiet location. If you want action better go to Boracay. One very nice place I would like to see before it will become overcrowded is Port Barton (San Vicente, Palawan). Another area I like is Davao City. So many loctions to visit. And to have a dinner in Jack's Ridge is wonderful.

A place I don't like is Manila. But even that area have some pleasant places to visit like the fortress, Star City and so on.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

I wouldn't want to spend a lot of time in Manila but it's nice to know it's there, if I need something today, or if I have to have an operation, St. Luke's is where I want it to happen.

• Like 1