Beef And Steak Houses?

foster808
Posted
Posted

Are there any beef and steak restaurants in Cebu?  I never checked before, but would like to know... Thanks!

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Yes there are, but the quality of each changes with the cook or the owner so any restaurant that was recommended more than a few months ago may not be nearly as good today.  Its frustrating.

I used to recommend "The Ranch"  where this forum had a get together a few years back, but I hear there are health problems with the owner and/or his wife and their focus is not on the business any more.  I'd still check it out though, just to see.  Its in Banilad.

• Like 5

foster808
Posted
Posted

Thanks Dave and Scott for the reviews

• Like 2

MacBubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
When I want beef I go to Vikings buffet. Not only do they have good beef also have lamb and lots of pretty good western food, sushi etc. 850 peso all you can eat. I did a google and I think there is one in one of the SM Malls in Cebu.

It is one of the better buffets.  When in Manila, we stay pretty close to MOA, so we always schedule a lunch at Vikings each trip. Buffet 101 in MOA has good variety too.  And Dad's for merienda hits the spot.   One I have yet to try, but will soon is the one at Sofitel - I hear it's tops.

But I digress - did not mean to go off-topic.

Edited by MacBubba
  • Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

If you check out ilink ph they have a list of restaurants on there. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
JayPhillips
Posted
Posted

When I want beef I go to Vikings buffet. Not only do they have good beef also have lamb and lots of pretty good western food, sushi etc. 850 peso all you can eat. I did a google and I think there is one in one of the SM Malls in Cebu.

If your near one I recommend heartily.

Im also a Viking buffet lover, They have great selection of western food and its very affordable. You should also check out Western Steak House on Buyong Rd, Maribago… The steak I had there a few months back was superb, well worth a vist. Have a look on tripadvisor for restaurant reviews and picture.

• Like 2

usa32
Posted
Posted

850 pesos about 19 us dollars.

I don't know if I would call that affordable.  However, I have heard good things about it. So probably worth a special occasion visit.

If your near one I recommend heartily.

Im also a Viking buffet lover, They have great selection of western food and its very affordable. You should also check out Western Steak House on Buyong Rd, Maribago… The steak I had there a few months back was superb, well worth a vist. Have a look on tripadvisor for restaurant reviews and picture.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

One thing about Viking (at least the one we frequent) is USA32 has a point:

I don't know if I would call that affordable.  However, I have heard good things about it. So probably worth a special occasion visit.

Its a special occasion place for the average Filipino. As such (and we all know how B-days are celebrated here) Entire families seem to go there for B-day parties and the Staff wander around continuously singing different versions of "happy b-day. So at times its a bit noisy.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

One thing about Viking (at least the one we frequent) is USA32 has a point:

Its a special occasion place for the average Filipino. As such (and we all know how B-days are celebrated here) Entire families seem to go there for B-day parties and the Staff wander around continuously singing different versions of "happy b-day. So at times its a bit noisy.

A bit off topic but it is now official. Warner Bros copyright on the Happy Birthday Song has been found invalid. So we and commercial venues like restaurants can now sing the original Happy Birthday song without being threatened by legal thugs representing Warner Bros.

• Like 1